Prologue

~Note: This is my first fic that I've hade the idea for a while and had part of it done already. Hope you guys enjoy and please no hate!

Saturday…. Although it was a weekend, I still never got any customers in my little music shop. Hell, I wouldn’t even call it that.

Sorry, I should introduce myself. My name is Louis Tomlinson. Before you say anything, it is pronounced LOU-IE, not LEW-IS like how most imbeciles try to pronounce it. I’m originally from Doncaster, England but now I live in London, running my own music “store”, though the only people that stop by are my friends. They call me “the sass masta from Doncasta”, if you can’t tell why already, or Tommo. I’m 20 years old and currently single, not that I’m all that determined to have a boyfriend. Oh, and I’m gay.

Now that we’ve got all of that sorted, I’m going to banter on about— well, I won’t give it away just yet.

Anyways, it was about ten minutes until I would normally close shop at 10:00. It’s not like I will sell anything, so might as well I thought. Already sitting at the register, I put down my book and swivelled in the desk chair (what else would I do otherwise?) and turned off the sound system that was playing “Look After You” by the Fray. (I wouldn’t call it just a CD player since it can also play vinyl, cassette, radio, and my iPod, sooo.) I put on my hoodie-jacket (since it was October and just mucky all around), grabbed Eragon (I’ve already read it five times; it’s that good) and made my way to the front of the shop. I run my fingers along the rows of vinyl as I walk by, loving the old tint of their covers.

Opening the jingling, creaking door, I “quietly” mumbled a ‘shit’ as the rain was heavier than five minutes prior. At first it was a light sprinkle, but now it was a full-on downpour. I slipped my book under my jacket, zipped it up and flipped up my hood, pushing my caramel coloured fringe from my face. I made a mental note to get one of those umbrella things that can attach to over doors, ‘cause yeah, I don’t have one. Closing my cobalt eyes and taking a deep breath for a moment, I stepped outside and tried to lock the door as quickly as possible. I was already shaking from the cold drops, so it took longer than I hoped, hence the key word tried.

Right then, I was so thankful that I managed to get a building that had a shop with a flat above it. It would have been even better if I could get there from the inside of the shop, but I’m never going to regret that bit.

I sloshed my way towards the alley with the stairs to my apartment. I was glad that I paid attention to the news that morning; otherwise, I would have been wearing my Toms and ruined them. I resolved to wear these hideous, oversized work boots that STILL soaks up water like a sponge.

I round the corner into the alley when I see, hear, and feel thunder crack though the night. Honestly, it scared the shit out of me. Apparently, I wasn’t the only one that was startled.

And there's the prolgue!

The first few updates will be quicker than later on because of school and I'm already editing the first few chapters.

And yes, I drew and edited the cover photo ;) and the side is Louis that night. 

Follow my twitter for updates and more :)    <https://twitter.com/happily__strong>