Ch 2

Sorry for the LONG update, caught up in college work :P And honestly completely forgot. DON'T KILL ME D':  This was done a while ago....

~RECAP:

"Jesus, you must be freezing," I practically shout as I pull back. The boy jumped a bit at my sudden outburst as his ears half hid in his hair. "Oops," I say quieter. I began to try to warm him up a bit by rubbing my hands up and down his pale, scrawny arms. I stay silent for a bit, wondering if what I'm about to ask will be a little too forward. He waited patiently. My hands have stopped by now, only my thumbs running over his biceps. He technically was a cat, so, "Come up to my flat with me?"

~~~~~

His eyes widened in shock, pupils blown and ears perked straight up. I gripped him rather tightly and rushed out, "Shit that came out wrong! I mean to like get warm, dry up, and possibly take a shower or a bath. I don't know what you'd take and I'll let you borrow a pair of clothes. I could make tea or something or soup and-"

The hybrid put a large hand on my mouth quickly to stop my rambling, currently covering half of my face. My eyes widened a bit at the sudden gesture. "Meow," he drawled out, as if doubting my offer.

I nod my head slowly. "Nesh, oomph kurmz," was what he heard. He looked down with his ears hiding again. He slowly removed his hand and moved them both in between us, beginning to twiddle them. I saw that he had a slight blush on his face from embarrassment. I gently lifted his chin with my right hand, allowing him to look at my seriousness that I rarely get. "Yes, of course," I repeated. "What did you expect me to do? Leave you out here in the rain?"

He turned his head downward to his right and shrugged his shoulders. Is he saying that's the normal treatment he gets from strangers? Who would do such a thing?!

I gently lifted his chin once more, looking straight into his cat eyes. "I want to take care of you. I wouldn't have offered if I didn't." His eyes dashed across my face, looking for any trace of lying to him. (Which I didn't; jeez, I may be sassy, but I'm not heartless.) "Would you like to come up?"

He closed his eyes, making them scrunch up a tad and bit his lower lip. After having that adorable face for a few seconds, he slowly nodded his head once.

When he opened his eyes, I had the biggest smile on my face that I've had in a long time. He released his lip and gave me a dimpled smile of his own. "Good. Now that's settled," I say. I continue in a whisper, "Let's head in, shall we?" He nodded again, gaining a little more sureness.

I smiled at his newly found confidence and gently patted his hip to signal him off me. He looked down and blushed again as he scooted backwards. He sat in front of me with his feet flat on the ground and hands between his legs, tail resting around him on the surface of the bin floor. I giggled (ugh, I can't even laugh like a straight guy!) at his adorableness as I stood up, my knees making an ugly cracking sound. "Come on, then," I say as I offer my hand to help him up.

He looked at my hand, then up at my face. I smile and moved my hand closer to him. He looked back to my hand and slid his gingerly into it. His knees were shaking, probably from being curled up for so long. Bringing him up to stand made me realize that he wasn't as small as I thought. He slouched slightly, but if he did straighten up he would be slightly taller than me. "Whoa, you're taller than I expected," I say out loud.

He looked up at me and gave a low chuckle. And when I say low, I mean low low. So deep in contrast to his meows that it gave me goose bumps under my forgotten jacket and an involuntary chill throughout my body. God, I would listen to that for the rest of my life if I could. I mentally shake my head at the inappropriate thoughts that began to form. (What?! Just because I said I'm not looking to be in a relationship, doesn't mean I can't imagine ravishing a very attractive guy right in front of me!)