4. Hope is Not the Goal

Lizzie bursts into mine and Hopes room making me jump looking up at her

Lizzie bursts into mine and Hopes room making me jump looking up at her. "You lied to me?" Lizzie asked "Yeah this is not my conversation. Sis, I'll see you later." Hope said quickly getting up and leaving shutting the door behind her. "About what exactly?" I ask "About what?" She scoffs. "Oh I don't know the dragon? Does that jog your memory?" Lizzie asked "Oh the dragon bitch that tried to kill me. Yeah I didn't tell you because Dr. S said not to tell anyone because and I quote "he was spinning and wanted us to keep a dragon sized secret until he had answers". What was I supposed to say "oh by the way I killed a dragon with a death spell that I meant to use on the not so normie Landon Kirby". Cause that would've been a smart move." I say before my eyes go wide because I wasn't planning on telling her that part.

"Death spell meant to be used on Landon Kirby. Baby you can't go around killing people just because they steal something." Lizzie said "He hurt my sister, he deserved it. If someone hurts you they deserve to die as well." I say "You could have told me about the dragon after it happened and the real reason why Rafael didn't come back with you, dad and Hope." Lizzie said "Yeah because he chose Landon over me and you. Truth be told I plan to make him pay for it. Now I have to go speak with your dad so I'll talk to you later. If you're staying make sure to lock up when you leave." I walk towards her and go to kiss her but she backs up away from me. I ignore the hurt that I felt and kept walking towards the door. "I love you Liz." I say and I walk out the door shutting it behind me.

I walk down the wall and find Hope walking towards the dorm. "You done getting yelled at?" Hope asked "Liz may hate me right now, but that's okay with me. I would rather her safe and hating me, than in danger and liking me. And she wasn't in danger until the knife was brought here." I say as she turns around to walk back with me towards the great hall. "I see the way she looks at you. I don't think she hates you, Lia. I think she is tired of everyone's secrecy. And maybe out of everyone she thought you would be the one to tell her the truth. Give her time." Hope said "Yeah that's my plan for today. To deal with this new monster that kidnapped two normies last night because you know that's what Dr. S will force us to do or I'll hang with Rafi or the wolves today." I say

"What happened last night when you went for a run?" Hope asked "I went to run the perimeter of the gate because Dr. S said to keep close to the school because I was staying human. I saw headlights at the gate and went to check it out and saw that normie girl Dana's car. She and her friend Sasha were waiting for jackass Connor and Sasha got out of the car to get signal then she up and disappeared. I heard rustling then something landed on the top of the car before crawling down the windshield but I didn't see what it was. I don't know how it will help Donovan or Dr. S but if I was the last one to see them I alive I have to tell them either way." I say and we reach the great hall. "Who are you going to sit with?" Hope asked "Probably Kaleb and MG." I say "Okay. I will see you later then." Hope said

I walk over to Dr. S since the meeting had not started yet. "Does Donovan know about the supernatural?" I ask "He was friends with Elena and them. Why?" Dr. S asked "Because I'm pretty sure I was the last one to see those two girls alive and no I didn't kill them. But I think a monster did." I say and I walk away to sit down beside of Kaleb who was sitting beside MG. "Given our recent influx of monsters, the Sheriff and I have decided we need to take drastic action. Please give him your full attention." Dr. S said "Like Dr. Saltzman was saying, local girls Dana Lilien and Sasha Storerauz didn't come home last night. Dana sometimes skips town for a few days to party, but this is a first for Sasha." Donovan said "Thank you, Sheriff Donovan. Now while the knife is away with Dorian and things are quiet on his end, it won't hurt to assume the worst. If Dana and Sasha..." Dr. S said and I see MG glaring down Kaleb.