Chapter 1: Wonderful News

"It is a miracle, Your Majesty!" 

 "The baby's mana has disappeared!" The magician beamed. 

 "Lady Diana will most likely be safe and healthy" The doctor said reassuringly. 

 The doctor and the magician both smiled enthusiastically. Diana couldn't help but cry out of joy. "Thank you, thank you for the great news" 

Just a week ago, they were told that Diana wouldn't survive because the baby inside of her contains so much mana. It would be dangerous. Just like what happened to Claude's mother.

 And now she was told that she's safe, and so is the baby. 

 Diana noticed how awfully quiet Claude was. Now, what was he thinking? 

 Claude, his expression hidden, walked towards Diana and slowly took her hand as he caressed it softly. 

 A small, bright smile crept on his face. 

 "Im....happy" he took both of Diana's hands and kissed them. 

 The doctor and magician, feeling out of place because of the lovely couple, decided to give them privacy."We'll take our leave, Your Majesty" 

Claude couldn't believe it. The woman he loves is going to survive, so is the baby inside of her. He'll be a father. He's gonna have a family. 

 A family. 

 He never experienced the warmth of one. 

The family he knew were his father and his brother. Both has always been cold to him. 

 He's not gonna make his wife and daughter feel the same way. 

 Its the first time, Claude had felt the strong will to live. The first time he looked forward for the following days. 

 He leaned in and kissed Diana. 

 No one can describe how happy the two were at that moment.