Chapter 2: A Gift

The bright sun shone through the windows of the palace as morning came. Claude was busy working in his office as usual with Felix assisting him. But he couldn't help but get distracted from time to time.

'I wonder what's she doing right now'
'She's probably bored, she can't dance either because of the baby'
'Is she eating properly? Did she get enough sleep last night?'

Such thoughts kept invading his head.

'Let's focus' he thought to himself as he heaved a big sigh which Felix noticed.

"It's the 9th time you sighed today Your Majesty," Felix said smiling amusingly.

Claude ignored him and continued his work. There was still a pile of paperwork to finish.

"You should visit her Your Majesty" Felix beamed.

"....what?" (insert claude's shocked pikachu face)

"You won't be able to focus if you keep worrying and thinking about Lady Diana, you should go to her right now and come back later once you ease your mind." Felix smiled once again. "Lady Diana would be very pleased"

"You...."

Felix looked up expecting a murderous glare from Claude, but it was far from that.

"....really think so?"

Felix was holding back a chuckle as he cleared his throat. "Yes, very"

Claude took a moment, and then stood from his chair and walked towards the door. "I'll be back shortly"

As Claude neared The Ruby Palace, his steps became quicker, he didn't know why.

He expected to see her lying on the bed, resting. Or having tea at the garden, or reading a book by a tree. Instead, he found her....sewing?

It was the last thing on his mind really. And moreover, she can sew?

He gently knocked on her door to get her attention. She was too focused to notice him enter.

"What are you doing?" He asked as he took a seat beside her.

"Im making clothes for the baby" She replied cheerily.

"Since it is yet to find out if its a boy or a girl, Im making it simple and fit for both genders" Diana smiled brightly, she was really enjoying it.

"The seamstress can do it, you do not need to tire yourself"

"I know that, but I also want her to wear clothes I made for her. And if it's for my baby, I won't ever be tired" Diana smiled warmly. She caressed her growing belly. "Besides, it keeps me occupied and happy"

Claude unconsciously smiled while looking at Diana. Her smile was really beautiful.

"As long as you're happy" 

--The Next Day--

It was another beautiful morning. Diana couldn't wait for the day she'll be able to see and hold her baby. She opened the curtains to welcome the bright sun.

'I should continue where I left off' Diana thought as she made her way to pick up some fabric she'll be using next.

Knock Knock

"My Lady?" Emmy, her maid, called outside her door. "Come in"

"Lady Diana, His Majesty just sent some boxes earlier"

"Boxes?" Diana wondered what could it be. Emmy and Diana went downstairs to see what it was.

"Good-morning Lady Diana" The butler greeted. "Goodmorning Mr. Ross" Diana greeted back and noticed a familiar redhead counting all the boxes.

"His Highness, Emperor Claude ordered these for you as a gift." The kind old man smiled gesturing for her to check it out.

Diana opened one of the boxes to see....fabrics? Some boxes contained threads and needles. While some has laces, flowers, buttons, ribbons and bows all in different designs and colors.

"Yep, I think that's everything," Felix said from behind. It was him counting earlier. He reached for something in his cloak and handed her a letter from Claude.

"I hope you liked it. I'll visit again later"

"His Majesty gave a lot of thought about what to give you, in the end, he ended up buying everything" Felix and the butler both grinned as they recalled how Claude kept deciding what to buy for her yesterday.

"Oh my" Emmy, as well as the other maids present blushed.

Diana smiled and looked at the pile of boxes. "Tell him that I really appreciate it, and I am thankful"

"Well then, we will take our leave now"

She turned to the maids and butlers, "Please help me move these inside"

Diana rolled up her sleeves with an excited look on her face. "Well then, we're gonna have a lot of fun" She smiled cheerily, already thinking of new baby clothes ideas.

••••

"Did she like it?" Claude asked Felix, acting like he didn't really care. But of course, Felix knew better.

"She's overjoyed, she said she really appreciates and that she's thankful. It was a nice decision Your Majesty. You should've seen the smile on her face, it was really beautiful. You should've given them yourself. Indeed, Lady Diana has a beautiful smile that can brighten anyone's day."

But instead of looking pleased, Claude glared at him. Felix didn't know why. He thought he'd be happy. Did he say something wrong?

'Wait, is he jealous?' Felix thought. He decided to quickly change the topic. "Are you visiting her later?"

He didn't reply. It was getting awkward. It was always hard to grasp Claude's mood.

He stood up and headed towards the direction of the Ruby Palace. "Your Majesty?"

"I'm visiting now"

——

Claude peeked through the door, but he didn't see Diana at her usual place.
'Could be she be sewing in a different room? But most of the materials are here. Where could she be-?'

"What are you doing?" Diana whispered curiously beside him. He turned his head and was frozen in place.

He was facing her so close their noses were inches apart.

-------------

Thank you for all the readers! I'm not a very good writer so I found it hard continuing this story. But all of your comments, votes and those who added my story to their library gave me a push and to write the next part XD <3

Thank you ^_^ I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry for the cliffhanger~~ hehe :D

;)