epilogue

Epilogue ⇒ Happy Birthday

"Just a beer, please." Michael sadly sighed, resting his elbow that was covered with a oversized, woolly sweater on the bar. "And put it on a tab, also. I don't plan on leaving anytime soon." 

The bartender nodded, reaching down into a cooler, passing Michael the cheap beer then going over to the register to start up Michael's tab. 

The can opened with a satisfying, crisp noise and Michael forced a smile as he brought the beer up to his lips. "Happy 20th Birthday, Michael." He whispered to himself and he took a large gulp of the bitter sweet alcohol. 

It had been four long years without Luke. The first year had consisted of Michael blocking out everyone and doing things that he wasn't proud of to try and distract himself from the guilt he felt for leaving Luke. Things like staying out late with the friends he'd met in an alleyway to smoke a drug Michael had never heard of and destroy his skin until he blacked out on the bathroom floor.

The second consist of the bullies returning. It wasn't as bad as before, but it was still pretty bad. Everyone thought he was a freak because he dyed his hair too much, he wore sweaters when it was hot out, he didn't have friends and he always had fat lips. 

Third year, Michael took advantage of the fact he was legal and drank until he passed out nearly every night. He could come home, so drunk he was practically falling over as he walked into the house. His parents got fed up with his alcoholism and kicked him out of the house, 

Fourth year and here he was. In a dingy pub on his 20th birthday, alone and probably going to be arrested or something because he had no money to pay for the alcohol he was about to consume. Quite an ideal way to be spending your birthday, right?

Michael was on his fourth beer within ten minutes. He was going to get whiskey next because that would numb him faster. He was hardly tipsy and it was quite annoying he had learned how to control his alcohol because he just wanted to blur everything out of his mind. 

"Hello, ladies and gentlemen!" A voice suddenly boomed, making Michael jump slightly. He turned in his seat and behind him there was a large stage where the speakers and such were. The music wasn't playing, instead there was a man with a microphone with a stool and a mic stand behind him. 

The man smiled and waited until he got most peoples attention. "Tonight we thought we'd try something different. We have a starving artist here today to perform! C'mon out here, Luke!" 

Michael heart swelled up in his throat as he watched Luke walk on stage. At first he was thinking 'There's gotta be, like, a million people with the name Luke. It can't be him.' But as soon as he saw the man walk onto the stage, he knew it. It was him. 

His face was lightly covered in stubble like he hadn't showered but in the attractive, punk rock way, his extremely memorable quiff was messy and cute, his button up was only buttoned up a bit so you could see his chest and his ripped jeans made Michael want to rip them off his body because they were so hot. 

Luke smiled, his dimples showing and Michael wanted to cry because he was so happy. 

"Hey guys," Luke said once the microphone was handed to him. "I'm, uh, gonna be singing a couple songs. Some of them that I wrote but also some other songs you may know so you guys don't get bored. Hope you like it." 

Luke played for a bit and it seemed like forever because all Michael wanted to do is for Luke to be done so he could run up and hug him. Luke had an amazing voice, though. It was sweet but at the same time raspy and sexy and sent chills up and down Michael's spine. 

When Luke was finally done on stage, he gave a cute little wave then disappeared backstage. Michael almost immediately leaped out of his chair and headed for the back of the stage. 

It was surprisingly easy to get back stage and Michael guessed it was probably because nobody really tried to get backstage. 

Michael wandered around cluelessly. He was completely lost and probably wouldn't even be able to find his way back out. The fact he was slightly intoxicated didn't help either. He stumbled over a couple things also. 

He looked around every corner, in ever closet, behind everything that was big enough to hide a person but he couldn't find Luke anywhere. In fact, he couldn't find any sign of a living human and it was sort of creepy. 

Michael sighed, then turned and began to find his way out. Luke was so close to him and now he'd lost-

"Leaving already?" 

Michael spun around so quickly he nearly fell over but he managed to balance himself. Standing in front of him was a very tall, very handsome and very teary eyed Luke. 

"Oh my god." Michael whimpered out, his hand flying up to cover his mouth. His heart was pounding faster than usual and he didn't realize he was crying until he felt a tear drop on his hand. He felt like he was meeting his favorite celebrity or something. 

Luke chuckled wetly, slowly stepping forward and using the pad of his thumb to swipe away the tear on Michael's cheek. "I missed you, baby." He whispered. 

Michael finally moved and his first actions was jumping up into Luke's arms; his arms around his neck, legs around his waist and face buried deep into the crook of Luke's neck. "Oh my god, Luke," Michael cried out softly into Luke's neck. "I missed you so much." 

A tear slipped from Luke's eye as well and he tightly wrapped him arms around Michael. "I love you, oh god, I love you," He whispered against Michael's shoulder. "Please never leave me again. 

"Never again, baby. Never again." Michael whispered, pulling away slightly so he could look Luke in the eye.

Then, slowly and chastely, Michael kissed Luke. Something both boys had been dying to do for four years. 

The end.