-Ten-

"Mom...Dad," I stare at my self in the mirror, trying to find the words that I can explain to them about Milo. "I need to tell you something.."

"Oh? What's that?" my mother says, walking into my room with a basket. I start to panic.

"Oh, I needed to tell you that I want to redecorate my bedroom! You asked me a few weeks ago, and I finally have a few ideas, I thought that with Ace out of the house and all, we could knock out that wall," I point to the west wall where Ace's room is "and expand my room. Give Ace the large guest suite, so he has more room for the baby."

My mother smiles at me. "Alright. We can do that, even add a sitting area." I smile and nod my head. I watch her place the basket in my closet and leave. I sigh. Thank god.

My mother sent me to the guest room on the left; she and the people re-doing my room will be finished in on Christmas day. It's part of my Christmas gift. It's Christmas eve, and I have to tell them tomorrow. I have to leave them soon. I glance out the window, and I see Milo waving at me. I glace at the time at 11:36 PM. My parents would be sleeping right now. I slip on a pair of runners and a jacket. I sneak down the stairs and out the door.

"Milo..." I say softly. He pulls me into a bone-crushing hug, and I feel tears fall from my eyes.

"Adeline. I-" I cut him off, I don't want to hear promises. I kiss him hard, needing him there.

"Don't make me any promises," I mutter and kiss him hard. He pulls me closer, and I'm pinned against the tree, I smile softly into the kiss. He pulls away with a groan.

"I don't have very long. I said I was going to the store." Milo mutters. I smile.

"It's okay," I say, Milo laughs and kisses me again.

"Call me as soon as your ready okay?"

"I will." he gives me a smile and nods.

"Will you be okay?" he asks softly. I smile and nod.

"If they can't accept us, then I don't care. Blood is thicker than water, but water is sweeter than blood."

"Insightful." he laughs, I smile and laugh back. It was then I realized I didn't want this moment to end. It won't stay peaceful. It'll be hell.

And not just for a while, for a long time. And I'm ready for it.