Chapter 28

Papers above the table, stained of coffee on the saucer. It's been a while since he came back to his elegant office with her daughter with him. He reminisced the moments when he brings her daughter with him in his office and playing nonstop when her wife was not around. It was summer that time when her wife takes leave to other country for their business. Little Lisa whined knowing her mother leaving for a month. Every morning when she wakes up, she's crying nonstop because she misses her mother who always waking her up every morning. Her father saw her and watched her silently outside her room.

Mr. Manoban doesn't want her daughter always misses her mother so, he talked to his daughter calmly for her to understand the situation.

"Princess, why are you crying?" Mr. Manoban reached for his daughter and held her hands, lifting her on her bed and put her on his lap.

"I miss mommy, when will she comes back?" Little Lisa shift her gazed to her father's eyes.

"Do you know princess our job is not that easy. We need to go overseas just to give you a good life." He wiped his daughter's cheeks that has tears falling nonstop.

"Why? Isn't our life good without you and mom going to other country?" Mr. Manoban smiled, hearing her daughter's words makes him happy. His daughter is wise enough and he can't deny that her daughter was right.

"Yes princess but, we need to work for your future. It's hard for us to leave you here alone with your nanny, thinking if you already eat your food or something doesn't seemed okay. I know you will not understand it clearly but, I know you will someday." He uttered while staring deep at her daughter's eyes. Little Lisa stop from crying when she saw her father's eyes starting to get glasses.

"I'm sorry dad." That's what she was said before embracing her father tightly.

Mr. Manoban's hand gripped tightly on the side of his desk when he heard an familiar voice echoing his office.

'Forgive me for hurting this scamp man.'

The voice were go nearer and nearer until he feel a hand on his shoulder. He already knows who is that because of the ring on his finger. The man he loathed for several years for killing her father. His eyes darken as he heard the man laughed, pretending to be innocent despite of being impious. Without a doubt, he forcefully lift his fist and made it way to the latter's face causing him to lost his balance and fell from the floor.

Blood dripping on his nose, he touched his face weakly and smirked. Mr. Manoban gritted his teeth when he saw the growing smirk on the man's face.

"How dare you?" Mr. Manoban said with a calm voice. He tried to not look intimidated by the man. The old man picked up his cane and got up from his knees. He chuckled and made his way to the couch and take a sit. Mr. Manoban never leave his gaze on him, glaring at the old man.

"You already know, are you?" said the man, turning his gaze to him.

"You are a helpless little shit who wants to get my company's money. It is my help not enough? Huh?" Mr. Manoban spit out, still not moving to her place.

"I don't need your company Marco, I just want you to enlighten to the situations." His veins were visible on his face, clenching his fist ready to smack the person infront. Mr. Manoban was clueless of everything. He didn't comprehend the words coming to the old man's mouth.

"Why? Why are you like this?" He asked, arching his brows in confusion. Mr. Song sigh, gaining his posture before telling him all happened before.

"It was 13th of June when all the heartaches happened. I have a girlfriend then, she's so sweet and kind and a beauty who could anyone asking for. We love each other like nobody wouldn't separated us. One day when I came home from work, I recieved a text message from her telling me if we can meet in their house so, I replied to her saying yeah maybe she would miss me because it's been a week since we last saw each other because of our work." Mr. Song stopped a little, looking at Mr. Manoban who was listening to him intently. He signaled him to sit on the couch infront of him before continued his story.