Envy

The ride to Seto's and Mokuba's home was short but very unpleasant. Justin seemed to enjoy your annoyance even when Raul told him to stop pushing his luck. When you got out of the car, you were both happy and nervous. The three of you moved forward when one of the guards appeared, you showed him your invitations and entered the mansion. When you reached the room where the party was held you saw Seto almost immediately and he so did Justin.

"Won't you go lick his boots?" He mocked and you glared at him.

"Why don't you roll over a puddle of mud like the pig you are." You hissed and Raul cleared his throat.

"Justin, behave or you'll leave this place at once." He muttered and Justin scoffed, you smirked and moved forth to greet some of the guests while Raul went to greet Seto with Justin tailing after him. When Seto saw them his expression was grim. He scanned the room and when he finally spotted you, his attention returned to the two males.

"Good evening." He greeted and Raul gave a small nod.

"Good evening to you sir Kaiba. It's a pleasure to finally meet you face to face. (Name) has said some pretty remarkable things about you and your brother." He replied and Seto's eyes widen clearly shocked to know that you've spoken about him to your father.

"Perhaps she has said more than she should though." Justin growled and Seto's eyes became cold as he recognized the boy.

"I apologize for his speech, this is my personal assistant Justin, he and (Name) were raised together and so he is a bit protective of her." Raul explained and Justin gave him a sharp glare. And then, as if on cue, you appeared.

"Sir Seto, I must say this party is impressive." You commented in a polite tone and to everyone's shock Seto smiled gently at you.

"Good to know." He responded and you blushed at his friendly tone. Justin then moved forth and took your hand, squeezing it and thus making you flinch. Seto was quick to react as he pulled you closer to him.

"Justin, I have no further need of you for tonight, you may leave." Raul stated and Justin looked at him shocked.

"But-"

"Even if your employer wanted you here I don't, leave." Seto interrupted, looking at him darkly and Justin was about to speak when he received a warning glare from both you and Raul. He turned around and left the party for good, feeling completely humiliated.

"I'm really sorry about him." You mumbled and Seto looked at you for a moment.

"If he's a brainless idiot, there is nothing that you or your father can do about it. People like him go as far as to become pets for those stronger than them." He responded and that didn't really sit well with ypu, you hummed and looked over at Raul.

"Mister Kaiba, would you mind letting go of my daughter, I think people might get the wrong idea about you two." He interupted and Seto noticed some of the many stares directed to you all. He scoffed, his guest were just bugs that he invited just to show that you were the main attraction here and that you were how the ideal woman looked like in his book.

"Everyone knows that part of this party is to celebrate your daughter's birthday so I doubt something like this would seem extreme." He argued and you blinked.

"Umm... how... I mean..."

"Don't make the mistake of underestimating me." He simply replied and much to everyones and even yours surprise you began laughing.

"Oh dear... hahaha... I'm sorry but... hahaha..."

Seto was only staring at you, feeling both flustered and ashamed. He had no idea what he did to make you laugh, perhaps his actions seemed foolish to you but he was surprised by how melodic your laughter truly was. 

"(Name), that's the first time you've laughed like that." Raul commented and Seto looked at him surprised. For a split second he only stared at you, then Raul, then you again. 

"I assumed you were the person to burst out laughing at pretty much anything." He admited and you smilled at him.

"I'm not really, I am also surprised that I am actually enjoying this night in a rather unique way." You confessed and Raul chuckled.

"Then perhaps you should stick close to mister Kaiba, it can be a rather pleasant change for you both." He mused and Seto wondered just what kind of approval that was. He eventually moved away but extended his hand as a slow waltz began playing. You stood there for a second before eventually accepting his silent offer to dance. 

Raul had to admit that the two of you made a good couple, Seto Kaiba seemed relaxed around you and for the first time in years you were acting less like an agent of ZJ and more like an individual. Mokuba came close and cleaned his throat, Raul looked down and smiled.

"You must be Mokuba Kaiba. Pleased to meet you." He greeted and offered his hand, Mokuba shook it and the two turned back to you two.

"I wonder when my brother plans to confess he has a major crush on her. It's really quite obvious."

"She might not accept his confession. Despite her appearance, she never really was a fan of love."

"How so?" Mokuba asked and Raul expression became sad and pained.

"Well, there was a time that she was in such great despair over her true parents death, that she closed her heart to others... but now... I think she sees Seto as a friend who understands her better than even me. If that is the case she will try and keep that image for as long as she can." Raul explained and Mokuba looked at you sad, he really wanted you and Seto to become one... you two seemed perfect for each other... and he was sure his brother would not take kindly to your rejection either.

"About your assistant.... I saw what happened... I think he might cause a lot of problems." 

"Justin will not interefere. If (Name) and Seto do become a couple then not only will he be forced to accept it but he will support it, wether he likes the idea or not." Raul stated and Mokuba smiled, at least Seto's envy could be put to rest, it was a really interesting thing that brought out his most possesive nature out. Hopefully it wouldn't lead to his downfall.