Second year

A/N I apologise for the slow updates, I don't have much free time and fitting a whole year into one chapter is quite hard work. Just to note, this chapter is actually longer than the first two combined and I think the lengths will only get longer from here (the original books got longer each year so I'm guessing my version will too). Anyway, thanks in advance for reading my story - I know it's a pretty outlandish idea as far as Harry Potter fanfics go (from what I've seen at least) so I'm glad you're (hopefully) enjoying it.

I hope to update again within a month or so, but sadly school really doesn't leave a lot of free time to write this.

Btw, does anyone else have problems with Wattpad deleting drafts that haven't been edited in a while? Because I've lost quite a few and had to frantically try to remember the plot I had planned.

Anyways sorry for rambling and onto the story:

Summary of previous chapter:
Hadrian's first year at hogwarts. He and Luna are sorted into ravenclaw, Hadrian tries to keep his true nature a secret but Hermione starts to take notice anyway. Hadrian meets Draco, the pair becoming enemies before soon becoming secret friends. Quirrel unsuccessfully tries to steal the philosophers stone, and is killed with a muggle gun by Hadrian before having his dying soul eaten once Voldemort had fled.
————————————
Word count: almost 15000

Hadrian continued his life as if he had never left; draining muggles, hiding from the few magicals that wandered nearby, making sure his 'tourist spot' was as popular as always - there was a fountain in the nearby park that he always froze over every night during August. People regularly came to watch the fountain 'mysteriously' freeze over at midnight and defrost by noon. It had actually made the papers and grew more popular each year, even had a visit from several groups of scientists recently.

Hadrian spent every Wednesday as the young Lord Evans in Diagon, reading various papers with startlingly different accounts of events, enjoying draining the unsuspecting of Knockturn, buying every book he could, and making sure to (over)indulge on ice cream.

Considering the new school curriculum it was no surprise to him that Gilderoy Lockhart was their new DADA teacher, and was signing books to celebrate. It was a surprise however, to see both the Malfoy's and the Weasley's were also in the bookshop; the females of the latter were completely absorbed in whatever nonsense the Fraud was spouting.

While the two houses were arguing, Hadrian took the opportunity to examine their morals - found in the subconscious. Arthur was an honest, hardworking man (an idiot when it came to his ego and 'knowledge about muggles' but at least he tried); Molly was to be paid by Brian from Hadrian's own vault 50 galleons for every day she looked after him, and she very much wanted that money, even making several plans to get Hadrian into their house, none working of course what with him living on the streets; Bill was a hardworking code-breaker for Gringotts, again, a useful potential ally; Charlie had a clear love for dragons if his family's memories were anything to go by as - like his brothers - he was absent from the shop, though being in Romania could pose problems for communication with this second potential ally; Percy was loyal too, just to the Minister of Magic rather than anyone of any importance or value, he was vain and self-centred, nothing like his siblings;

The twins were pranksters and regularly told off for their behaviour, even being forgotten when discussing the successes of the family, very good allies indeed; then there was Ron, 100 galleons a month just to be his friend and report Hadrian's life to Brian - Hadrian decided to allow him to continue, if Ron was good he would tell Hadrian that he was getting paid and Hadrian would comfort by saying it didn't matter as long as they genuinely wanted to be friends. And besides, it wouldn't matter if he didn't anyway; what Brian didn't know was that he was actually taking 3 times the amount of money from his own vault then splitting it between Hadrian, Magic, and the intended recipient respectively, all without him ever knowing. Ginny, now she was something to worry about; love potions and charms connecting the two - have to get those removed from her at some point lest Anthony get jealous - and she was obsessed with boosting her own image by leeching of the fame of others, namely him. He'd have to stay away from her at all costs. Speaking of costs, she would get 100 galleons for every month they dated.