Third year - part 37-54

A/N finally finished it! This took far too long. I really have no excuse for the delays other than 'there was no real driving force forcing me to work on it' not that I don't enjoy it - I love writing this story - but I was at a mental block and I couldn't think how to continue so I just left it for ages. Turns out that leaving a story at 5 (admittedly long) chapters for four months with no progress on the next chapter is the way to reach 11k reads and 314 votes!!! (At time of writing this) thank you guys so much!! I love you all!! ❤️❤️❤️ Seriously though, your comments are what keeps me going. In fact, reading what you guys thought is what prompted me to actively find a way to continue the story. Thank you so much, all of you! And I hope you continue to enjoy!

Summary of previous chapter:
The kids discover the truth about Hela. Maya and Sharpe talk about her situation. Maya asks Snape if he's a vampire, he then yells her out of his classroom. Sharpe punishes Snape for his actions. The students find out that someone is covering for Snape's classes and they prefer him to the real thing. We discover that McGonagall is a low level member of the Creature Clan.  Lupin has his suspicions of Harry and meets the Clan Kids, joining their group. Hermione talks with McGonagall and visits the shadow realm in her dreams. We learn that McGonagall is familiar with the shadow creatures.
————————

Trigger warning: mentions / references to torture, self harm and suicide. Not detailed descriptions, just people acknowledging that it happened.

Word count: almost 7300

——37—— Normal PoV

Maya was having a very hard time; she felt constantly thirsty, alert, and ready to fight anyone who dared look at her wrong. There was a monster inside, a rash, ravenous, raging monster. Peter could see her agitation and tried to comfort her, but with her mouth just millimetres from his neck the urge to feed kept building up. She soon found herself unable to pull away.

She barely took note of the others leaving the room to give her some privacy (She would later find out they thought she was shaking from crying), before feeling her fangs lengthen, tongue pressed against her lips trying to force its way out. Her traitorous jaw slowly pried itself open before catching onto his skin, pulse rapidly increasing beneath her drooling mouth.

There was a distant sound next to her ear, a voice? It sounded afraid. Good. The more fear, the faster the heartbeat, the more food for her. Her meal tried to push her away, too late for that. She couldn't resist any longer, and bit in, finally giving the monster its meal and blacking out in the process.

——38——

Deep down, in the darkness of the dungeons, her master suddenly felt a wave of satisfaction and fear wash over him, shortly followed by a sense of delight and fullness. This needed attending to.

It was times like these that he became grateful he had helped build the castle, for even now it recognised him and lead him down the fastest route it could.

Easily entering the Hufflepuff common rooms, Sharpe quickly made his way to the dorms. Following his own instinct he entered through, quickly closing the door behind him. There was a boy on the floor, desperately trying to push His off his neck. Even in human form, Sharpe could smell the blood leaking from the wound, the same blood he had been tasting in his mouth for the journey here. The boy looked up pleadingly, afraid.

Sharpe stepped forward, wrapping his arm around His and whispered in her ear. "Let go." She instantly obeyed the order and he could freely drag her away from the boy. He didn't even need to look to know what a sight she must be; blood dripping from her mouth, fangs visible and bloody, face contorted in a snarl - this was the monster now, the girl was long since gone.