Intel Operative Rescue

December 7th, 1974 05:31

A lone helicopter flew across the ocean as the yellow sun rose up from the blue horizon. Inside was Snake, holding up a pair of glasses. They belonged to a vital member of MSF's Intel Unit who was sent to check out the Naval Facility Snake had infiltrated a few days prior. But after a few days there, he requested an emergency extraction from the base, sending his signature J.F. Rey Eyewear JF1142 col 2924 (Ocean/Turquoise) eyeglasses as proof of his identity. Because this specific agent was so important, Miller concluded that no one but Snake could handle this mission. The mission: Assault the military base and rescue the Intel agent.

"We're coming up on the base!" Morpho, the helicopter pilot announced.

Snake grabbed the gun he chose specifically for this endeavor and headed for the left helicopter door. With a push of a button, the door opened and Snake strapped its harness tightly across his waist.

"Got a visual?" Miller asked over the radio.

"Negative," Morpho responded. "No sign of him."

"Are we too late...?" Miller worried. "If he's caught, he could drag us all down with him."

Morpho piloted the helicopter over one of the armories and Snake noticed the soldiers on base scrambling around. Snake quickly deduced that they were trying to keep the Intel Agent from escaping, so he fired at them as the helicopter flew towards the west refugee camp. As Snake fired at more soldiers, someone accessed Morpho's radio frequency and asked if they could hear him.

"Incoming comms from the target," Morpho informed his superiors.

"Patch him through," Miller ordered.

"This is Morpho," Morpho answered the agent. "Go ahead."

"I am bein... pur... along the east coast," the agent said. "Nee... immediate evac!"

The agent tried to explain his situation, but the words Morpho could hear was a garbled mess.

"I can't hear him!" Morpho reported.

"Dammit!" Miller exclaimed." Where is he...?"

As the helicopter circled around the west refugee camp, Snake and Morpho noticed a flare go off along the east coast

"Flare at 11'o clock!" Morpho reported.

"That's his signal?" Miller wondered.

"En Route," Morpho reported, turning the helicopter around.

Morpho headed for the east coast of the base, but now every soldier on the base was aware of their presence and opened fire on them. If the helicopter went down, then there would be no way for the mission to be completed, so protecting it was priority #1. Snake fired at his attackers as the helicopter flew towards the east coast and eventually spotted his target firing at his attackers from behind a jeep. Despite being one of MSF's best when it comes to Intel gathering, this agent wasn't so good when it came to combat. His aim was off and it seemed as if he couldn't hit any of the soldiers if his life depended on it.

From the helicopter, Snake provided cover fire and took down the hostiles before they could hurt the Intel agent. As Snake reloaded, Morpho confirmed that the hostiles were down to Miller. Miller realized that touching down to get the agent right then and there wasn't a choice and advised that they try at the helipad. Morpho asked the agent if he could make it there, but the agent calmly assured him that he could and requested an escort.

The Intel agent gracefully jumped into the driver's seat of the jeep he creatively stole and drove throughout the base, protected by his legendary mercenary of a boss. He drove up to the helipad, but just when it seemed like he was in the clear; the jeep was hit by a missile and crashed into a nearby building.

"Target vehicle is out of commission!" Morpho exclaimed.

"Is he okay?" Miller asked.

Morpho tried to radio the agent, but couldn't get an answer.

"Get him out of there!" Miller ordered.

After clearing the helipad of enemy combatants, Morpho lowered the helicopter at the helipad and Snake rushed towards the crash site. He found the agent next to the damaged jeep and breathed a sigh of relief when he discovered the agent was merely unconscious. He knew that if something happened to this agent, there would be no way to replace him. Snake carried the unconscious agent to the helicopter and it took off.

Morpho piloted the helicopter over the admin building and saw something that could complicate their escape.

"Contact. 10 o'clock!" Morpho yelled.

Snake turned towards that direction and noticed an enemy helicopter headed their way. The helicopter's side doors were then opened and a lone soldier aimed a missile launcher at Snake.

"They're still coming?" Miller wondered. "Make 'em regret it, Boss!"

The enemy helicopter flew up next to them as Snake grabbed his gun and aimed it at the soldier with the missile launcher. It was a tense moment. The outcome of this mission all dwindled down to a single movement. Whoever pulled their trigger first would be the victor. With lightning fast speed and incredible accuracy, Snake fired at the enemy's head, knocking him out of his helicopter. The enemy helicopter flew back towards the base and Morpho piloted the victorious helicopter towards the sea. With a job well done, Snake closed the helicopter doors and went over to check his now conscious comrade.

"S-Snake..." the agent weakly mumbled.

The agent dropped his sunglasses and accepted his own glasses back from Snake. He put them on and looked back at Snake.

"What took you so long?" the agent asked.

"Kept you waiting, huh...?" Snake replied. "I'm glad you're okay, Mr. Kojima."