intro

Heavy waves crash against the shoreline, brought in by the storm brewing on the horizon. A thick blanket of dark clouds snuff out any light the sky has to offer. As the storm draws near, blinding streaks of lightning dance across the sky,  lashing out at like whips, striking at anything they can. 

     With each bright strike, loud deafening booms fill the once peaceful area. The clouds seem to battle across the sky, pushing the ever growing fury towards the beach. Towards a tiny village set above the coastline. Farther out to sea the waters begin to churn; a gigantic wave begins to rise into the air.

     Nothing in the wake of this storm will survive. An ear-splitting wail erupts throughout the small village. The villagers begin to panic.The streets turn into chaos as people begin to run, trying to flee the impending doom heading towards them. 

     As terror spreads throughout the streets, two girls, sisters, stand atop a high cliff and stare out at the ocean calmy. They watch the storm as it creates an unspoken elegance to the chaos it was bringing below them. 

     They smile, their fingers intertwining as the giant wave glides across the sands. There is no fear in either girl’s eyes as they stare unnerved at the rising wall of water causing so much destruction. They somehow know they will survive the storm. There is something special about them. 

     The wave rises high above the village, swallowing it up building by building, inching closer to the girls. 

     “We are safe as long as we are together,” one girl says, the elder of the two, as she turns and smiles at her little sister. 

     Their mom had often said the same thing to them every night before bed. 

     Nothing can harm you two as long as you are together

     The girl wanted so badly to believe her big sister. She tries to remain brave as the untamable water comes upon them now. It sprays them with water as it towers above them, ready to swallow them up and drag them away.