30

Kendall's POV

I made a friend, or two. Claire Grey and Skylar Mohammad. They grew up together and well, where you see the one, the other is not far off. Like me and Ed, like yin and yang, black and white, you get the picture. 

I thought Ed was rather a very talkative individual, but these two were machines. Non stopping machines that had stories after another. For a second, they made me wanna take it all back. Calling them friends that is. But they remind me of something. More like someone I used to be. 

That girl.

The happy version of me who didn't second guess herself, the me that didn't care about other people so long as my family was safe, and I was happy, then it was all I could ask for.

I can't necessarily say I had a long list of friends, but I was a very open and loud soul. And a lot of people don't believe me when I tell them of how I was like. Maybe it's because I'm so different from her. The total opposite if you may.

I miss her. The other girl that never got the opportunity to grow old with me. As I was thinking about this, I thought of Sir Daniel and how I could finally get something I was gonna talk about. 

Her...

The girl I used to be. We can start there and build up. This also made me think of Ed. How she missed out on the world of growing up like a normal teenager and doing all the weird things that teenagers do, like throw mad parties, getting drank and high and puke on their front lawn, get boyfriends, and get heartbreaks, eat greasy food, sobbing and talking about how the relationship could have been better if you dated the other guy.

Normal things that normal teenagers did. Throw tantrums at parents for not going out or getting grounded. Instead, she just got stuck with me, and my pile of problems that were too big for teenagers to handle. I don't remember having the privilege of being grounded. In fact, it was always the other way round. My mom wanting to boot my out the house. 

She once said that the house will grow cobwebs because of me. I laughed at her so hard I started to cry. She gave me money that week to go out and that is how I met Mr. Daniel Lewiston.

I feel like if I go out again, I'd meet someone else and just, well, I don't think I will be able to talk to other individuals. In fact, I have utilized all my talking ability for the past week, to last me a lifetime.

It was now our infamous lunchbreak, after 3 hours of listening to lecturers talk about color, paint, and texture. I haven't met Eta as our English lecture was at the end of the day. And well Ed, Ed is just sadness and despair.

"So, what do you do for fun?" Claire asks. We were walking down the hallway, going towards their table as ours, I felt, held too much brokenness and sadness.

I almost laugh. When last did I hear that question? It almost felt foreign.

"I stay at home and I try not to die." I chuckle. They both stop walking, and when I look at them, their faces are pale.

"I'm joking." I press my lips, swallowing my dark humor.

They both breathe out, and we continue walking.

"I hang out with Eta." I change the answer.

"You mean your hot brother?" Skylar blurts out.

I grin, and she covers her mouth, trying to pretend she didn't say anything.

"Yes, my hot brother." I echo what she says.

"What could you possibly be doing, hanging out with him?" Claire continues.

"He is, let's just say, like an awesome big brother who just is like pretty dope. We chill, eat, play games, whatever." We order our food, well, they order their food since I carried food from home and we take our seats.

"He is just a good brother." I continue.

"Okay, we can take that. Does he have a girlfriend?" Skylar chirps in.

"I don't know actually. Should I ask him?" I look at her, not minding them dating anyways.

"Yes please, and while you at it, can I like, also have his number?" She is now holding my hand, waiting for my reply.

"Sure, I'm gonna have to ask." I answer.

"Lowkey unrelated to this conversation, you are so cool." Claire smiles at me.

"Thank you." I take out my lunch box and I start downing my cold sausage rolls.

"Also unrelated question, are you and Sir Daniel dating?" Skylar inquires.

I was wondering when this question was gonna pop up.

"Why do you ask?" I sit back, folding my arms.

"I mean, when he fainted, you kinda went all out to get to him when you know, you not very lively if that's the word to use..." She explains.

"No, I am not dating him as the whole school might think, but I am familiar with him in some aspects." My mind drifts to when he first helped me calm down at the café, him then helping again when I cried on the school ground, when I fainted after I ran to him, and the hospital visit that I took after finding out about him passing out, and the hypothetical marriage. 

Oh goodness.

I keep forgetting about that.

"What aspects?" Skylar disturbs me.

"Aspects.." And it's all I can say for whatever this is.

"Right," they look at each other, not satisfied with how I answered. But they don't mind. They continue to chatter about things I know nothing about. But I don't mind really. It's nice to have girls talk about girl things and guys. I continue with my lunch, and I nod when I have to, and laugh gracefully too.

I take a sip of water, and when I look at the time, it's the dreaded time to finally go see Sir Daniel. I pack my staff and they both look at me.

"You heading somewhere?" They both ask simultaneously as we are free for two hours.

"Yep, to the office." I reply.

"For?" Skylar questions.

"My session." I mutter, suddenly feeling the gloom take over the table.

"Okay, we will meet you right after okay?" Claire helps me pack up.

"You don't wanna know why I'm heading there?" I ask.

"So you can punch me?" She jokes.

"I wouldn't." I pick up my bag, "It's just weird that you guys are not curious about it."

"You the weird one. Not everyone wants to prey into your life you know?  We all have problems Kendall, some people choose to treat those problems, and between us, I admire you so much more for it." Claire comments.

I don't know why, but it was really nice to hear that from someone else who wasn't family, or my therapist.

"Thank you, see you guys later." I immediately leave, before the people of tears start to fall. Sir Daniel better have tissues in his office because, just maybe, it's about to go down.

*****

The honey is back.

Here is yet another chapter. Hope this is a good chapter. This author loves you much.