Jake

in which something
and happens and
then it's the most
pure thing in the world

Requested: yes, @tomabisgolf

Warnings: it's kinda sad ig it made
my unemotional ass cry a bit so...

[once again, I have yet to go to one of their gigs so go suck on that. I'm only going off of what I see on Instagram]

(s/n) = sibling's name

if you don't have a sibling, pretend you do

~~~

Everyone is screaming Forgotten Castaway. Everything was perfect. This was the best moment of my life. Everyone was so ecstatic. Then my phone buzzed in my back pocket.

mum
i'll won't be able to pick you up
you'll be going home with the slack's
tonight

me
mum what happened

mum
(s/n) got hit by a car
i don't think he/she will make it

Tears began to pour out of my eyes. I covered my mouth with my hand. The last text burned into my mind and everything faded from behind me. Why? Why of all people would it be me; my family?

"It's okay not being ok."

All I could do is run. So I did. I ran to a back room and cried harder than I ever had in my life. My hands clutched my hair harshly and my nails dug into my scalp. I wanted to scream but nothing came out. Pain was engulfing me but I didn't care. My world had come crashing down.

Meanwhile, the band finished the song (it wasn't the last one btw; was about in the middle), and witnessed their friend run off. Tom worriedly looked back at Jake, Noah, and Jacob who all noticed it too. They shared a quick glance before any of the fans would notice.

"Hey, we're going to have a ten minute intermission, uh, something came up," Tom addressed before they all set out their instruments and walked off stage hastily. They ran to the room where wracking sobs flooded out the door.

Jacob proceeded to turn the doorknob, not knowing it was locked. "Move you scrawny chicken," Noah pushed by, messing with the door some more.

"Out of the way," a teary eyed Jake announced, weaving his way through the group of boys. "(Y/n), love, please open the door. It's Jake. We just want to help."

"Ooo, love?"

"Now is not the time, Jacob." Jake glared, and the other boy raised his hands in defense.
"(Y/n), please."

Something on the door clicked and it opened to reveal your disheveled state. You ran forward and wrapped your arms around Jake, sobbing recklessly. The five of you walked inside, all sitting against the closed door.

"What happened," asked Tom, grabbing your hand softly.

You hiccuped, leaning back into Jake. "(S/n)
g-got into a-an a-ac-accident." Noah looked down. They were very close. Your other hand went to cover your face, but he held it.

"It's all going to be alright," he smiled lightly. "I know that's a horrible lie but I'm trying." This made you laugh a bit. But it all resulted into you crying even more.

"I'm-m so-sorry," you apologized, and Jake's arms tightened a bit around your waist. He dug his head into your neck, and you could feel his own tears pricking at your skin.

"No need," replied Jacob, who sat in front of you and he wiped away your tears. You laughed lightly.

"You guys are too good for me."

"It's no big deal, (y/n)."

"Shit!" Tom cursed, checking the clock on the wall. "The intermission is almost up!" All their attention snapped towards the wall, eyes wide.

They all scurried to their feet, rushing to open the door. As three of them ran off, one stayed behind: Jake. He spun me around so I faced him, his arms lazily resting on my waist. The boy wiped my remaining tears.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asked, eyes sparkling with worry. "I don't want to see you hurt."

You laughed again. "It's okay. I'm fine, Jake. You need to finish the gig. People are counting on you. Me especially."

He smiled widely, his lovely dimples showing. Just before he walks out the door though, he fiddles with his hands. "Uhm, would you like to go out sometime? Just you and me? To like, the cinema or something."

You nodded and grinned. "I would love that."

Jake jumped forward and hugged you again. Before leaving, you kissed his cheek softly, exiting the room with one another.

All throughout the rest of the gig, you forgot all your worries, melting into his loopy smile and loving glances in your direction.

~~~~~~
Sorry this is so bad
I had nothing else
to do. But goodnight
(or day whatever helps
you sleep at night)