Chapter 4 | Cecile

"Look, we all do things we regret.", I said kneeling, to match his eye level," But not even she is worth this.", I continued, masking my distaste for Seraphina. He still had a blank look on his face. There was no light in his eyes, he was lost.

I needed to snap him out of his depressed trance. I pulled his face close to my own. He reacted this time. Is eyes were now focused on me, normally I would have found his glare intimidating, but now there was something so vunrable about it. His eyebrow tilted a little, ' he's suprised to see me',  I thought.

"Don't do this to yourself.", I exclaimed, now that I had his attention," I can't be worrying about you 24/7.", I blurted out. He did not need to know that.

Bewildered, John blinked a couple of times. I was relived so see his basic reflexes, like blinking, again.

I began to get up. But, to my surprise, I was gripped at the wrist. The ravenette pulled me back down. I was  anxious, I wasn't sure what to expect.

Within the next second, I felt his lips collide with mine. I was flustered, not to mention shocked, I tried to get away but, he was still holding me in place with his stone grip, his other hand caressing my cheek, along my jaw, making its was to my lower lip.
I stopped struggling as his thumb pressed against it, exposing my teeth.

He then unlocked our lips and was now looking into my eyes. He smirked at my stunned expression. John kissed my cheek, butterfly kissed his way to my ear, on which he nibbled, then continued down my neck, to my freshly exposed collarbone.

I dug my fingers into his inky hair, letting a small whimper escape me.
The warmth of his breath cradled me as he made his way back to my lips.

John gabbed me tightly at the waist, whilst I wrapped my arms around his neck. We kissed, again and again. Until we were both gasping for air.

John came in close once again," Then don't leave me.", he whispered to my   ear.
" What?", I asked, astonished
" If your so worried, then don't leave me.", he replied
" I never planned to."
"Good", John said, pulling away from me.

John then left the room, whereas I was paralysed. What just happened?

The ravenette , popped his head back through the door frame," You coming? ", he asked innocently, I nodded. John grinned at me sheepishly.

We walked the hall together this time. I was happy, and he sure seemed so. Just to be certain, I stared him in the eyes again. To my dismay, they were still dull and lifeless.

That's when I knew I was just a replacement.