1

"Tori, I don't really want to go to the carnival. School was shitty enough today, I don't want to have to see the same people again." Tom groaned as he flopped on his bed thinking about all the embarrassing things he did today. You know those days where it feels everything that can go wrong, does go wrong? Yeah today was one of those days for Tom. It started when he woke up for school late, causing him to feel rushed. He was actually on time to school, but the panic of feeling rushed made him so frazzled that he spilled his tea all over himself in his car. From there, he had to explain to every person who gave him a funny look that he, in fact, did not pee his pants but spilled his drink. It didn't help that he got his Chem test back, which he failed, forgot to do his English homework, oh, and then there was the cafeteria incident. He dropped his nasty school lunch, which he had to buy due to waking up late, on the most popular girl at school, Mikaela. Luckily, unlike most stereotypical popular girls, the whole reason why Mikaela is so popular is because she's so nice, her stunning good looks are just a bonus. Mikaela even offered to buy Tom a new lunch after getting covered in his old one.

"Tom, it wasn't that bad!" Tori's voice jumped an octave while saying this, signaling she was using her lying voice. Tom and Tori haven't been friends for long, considering Tom just moved to LA, but he knew her enough to know when she was lying. "Come on Tom! You have to go with me! I can't go alone, what if Alex is there? You know I can't stand to be around him and he never seems to leave me alone." Tom huffed, knowing she was right, he couldn't let her go alone. Tori knew what this meant, so she let out a cheer of excitement. The two of them decided to eat before going to the carnival, so they wouldn't have to spend a fortune on food. Since neither of them can cook without nearly burning the house down, they settled for cereal. They talked as they crunched on their Fruity Pebbles, Tom almost causing Tori to snort milk out of her nose. The two were still joking around when Tom's mom came home.

"Hi Mrs. Phelan! It's good to see you again!" Tori got up out of her chair to greet her with a hug.

"See, Tom, this is how you welcome your mom home! It's nice to have you Tori! You know you're always welcome here, as long as you keep the door open a crack." She said with a wink before retreating to her room to unwind from her day at work. Tori and Tom's faces were still bright red through the rest of their bowls of cereal. Tori looked around the kitchen looking for any signs of his mom returning before speaking up.

"Tom, when are you going to tell her?" He sighed and shrugged his shoulders before breaking eye contact with Tori.

"I'll tell her when I need to Tori, but for now there is no reason to cause her that pain."

"You don't know how she will react Tom! It may not cause her pain! She's going to be happy for you as long as you are happy."

"We should get going to the carnival, before the funnel cake line gets too long."