Chapter 6: You have a choice

Somewhere in Gotham city Robin is trying to find anything he can on a criminal know as Draco. A Crime lord that always seems to find a way to avoid getting caught by the law.

Talon on the other hand had a different mission for himself and left him to his own devices.

With Talon...
After leaving Robin, Talon headed back to the Court of Owls hideout since he got a summons from them.

He passed the other members and went into the dinning room where all the members were talking to one another.

"Grandmaster, may I speak to you for a moment?" A male Owl lieutenant asked.

Getting up the Grandmaster walks over to him.

"I sense a resistance in Wayne, Grandmaster. He could present a problem as his forebearers did." He proclaimed.

"No." Grandmaster said as he passes Talon and the Lieutenant.

"He plays to the crowds with his bleeding heart and grand gestures. But it's all spectacle and ego. At his core, Bruce Wayne is one of us." He proclaimed.

"I hope you're right." The lieutenant said as the wall in front of the grandmaster moved reveal and secret room that was filled with red pedestals.

Talon smirked but of course because of his mask no one could see it.

"In my experience the Grandmaster is rarely wrong." He said as he follows the Grandmaster along with a few high-ranking members of the Court of Owls.

The Grandmaster was pleased by that and said, "Your confidence touches me, Talon."

"How is it going with the boy?"

"He's taken the bait." Talon replied as they all stopped walking as the path that they're standing on goes down to reveal an underground chamber that was filled with multiple cylindrical glass pods that hold their sleeping soldiers, which were being monitored by the science division of the Court of Owls.

Talons looked at the pods for a moment before asking, "And your work here?" he asked.

"Progressing." Was the only thing the Grandmaster answered.

Once the floor stopped moving, they all started to walk again.

An alarm went off and they looked to see what the problem is. And by the looks of it one of the pods was getting too cold.

The Grandmaster looks at this in distaste and walks over to the scientist that's in charge of that pod and said, "Bring that setting up. Too cold and they'll shatter like glass."

"Yes. Grandmaster." The scientist replied and immediately turned up the temperature.

The pod slightly lowers down to reveal that a young woman was inside.

The Grandmaster looks at his sleeping solider in admiration "Just imagine. Some of these warriors are over 100 years old." He reaches out his hand and touches the glass.

"I envy them, their immortality." He added.

"Envy? You saw what happened to the Talons at the museum." Talon proclaimed.

"They survived outside the caskets for more than eight hours. The group before that lasted only three." The Owl lieutenant stated.

Following the Grandmaster, they walked over to a ripped apart corpse which was the body of one of the Talons from the Museum, its body was already started to repair it's while in the pod.

"And by studding our failures we've refined the resurrection process. These men will be able to live for a full day before returning for regeneration." Grandmaster proclaimed.