Chapter 12 - Finding a Way Out

I don't know why but this time my grammar is just horrible. Something like 80+ error according to Grammarly, but I don't know how to correct it.

___________________________________________________________

How do I get out of this place?

That's the big question. Forget about finding the right path to the exit. I can't even get out of the damn lake in the first place.

I already managed to control my wings to maintain a stable flight, but they're useless on a narrow path. I tried to shrink it from the original two meters-long to one meter, but that makes it harder to fly.

Now I can "normally" walk again, but it's just too slow...Man, It's must have been nice to have fully functioning limbs.

He pulled out his Status Card.

Name: Hoshino Yuuji
Title: The Devil of the Vega Lake
Age: 17 years-old
Gender: Male
Race: ??? Hybrid
Class: Illusionist
Level: ???

Strength: 660(+430) + 5500
Defence: 520(+310) + 6000
Vitality: 740(+420) + 6500
Agility: 940(+470) + 4500
Magic Power: 1380(+640) + 4000
Magical Defence: 640(+220) + 6000

Skills: Illusion Creation, All Language Comprehension, Magic Extremity, Dragon Blood, Partial Dragon Transformation, Perfect Water Manipulation, Underwater Echolocation, Water Breathing, Deadly Aura, High All Negative Status Resistance, Thermal Vision, Super Sonic Acceleration, Blink.

After eating all of the monster heart that he (accidentally) killed, he gained quite a boost to his stats, and he even got a new skill, [Blink].

It allows him to teleport to a different location within a small radius. But one of the downsides is there is a cooldown period to it. It's useful in combat, but not for travelling a long distance.

He didn't know if it was an instantaneous movement or actual teleportation.

I also wonder why I only get one skill after all of those monsters. Like, the dragon gave me a bunch of new skills, and that narwal-like monster gave me [Super Sonic Acceleration]. But after that, I only get [Blink]. I wonder why.

The reason is that he already possessed [High All Negative Status Resistance] and [Magic Extremity].

Usually, monsters have some kind of resistance skill depending on their environment. Like how monsters who made cold mountain range their home would have [Cold Resistance] skill. But all of the various resistance skill he would normally get is absorbed by the much superior [High All Negative Status Resistance].

The same case also happened to [Magic Extremity]. It's the top-of-the-ladder of all magic manipulation skill. Normally, a monster can only use a single type of spell or elements, but they in exchange they can manipulate magic directly. Making them being able to cast a powerful spell really quickly. But [Magic Extremity] allows him to use whatever spell and elements he wants to use.

Well...at least in theory. Since he doesn't have any Element Aptitude at all, he never relied on magic. So he only knows basic magic.

Even his Icicle Needle he used against the Abomination Bear was just a modified version of the basic water magic, Icicle Lance, that focused a lot more on armour penetration than damage.

Haaah...I should have spent more time on those magic lesson rather than just focusing on refining my skill...welp...let's just hope that the monster on the land have some useful skill I can use to get out of this place.

Right now he is using his [Illusion Creation] skill to make a "live" bait.

Since he doesn't have anything to do and he doesn't need to sleep at all thanks to the magical lake water, he spent most of his time refining his skills.