16

Lore was defeated with Shiro and Fitzgerald's help.

We stood there panting. "I never thought he was that strong.." I said.
"Never underestimate an enemy. Don't make the same mistake I made." Fitzgerald warns. "I underestimated that weretiger and that dog, and I was defeated because of that."

"You mean Atsushi and Akutagawa?" I asked. "Yes. I was the Guild's leader, and was defeated by them. Now, Alcott and I formed the New Guild." He said.

Lore pointed weakly at us, beckoning to come closer.

"D-dashner won't l-let you get out-t of here..." He sputters out, coughing out blood. "Defeating me won't stop...this..mess.." He continues.

"(L/n)... I'm so proud of you.. I'm proud to be your father..." He said, smiling weakly, before dying.

"Father...." I repeated. "He was my father..?"

"Yes. In fact, Rika, your maid, is your mother." A voice said, who turned out to belong to Juancho.
"You killed your own mother, and now, you technically killed your father." He continued.

Fitzgerald pats my head, calming me down.

"Juancho, if you knew, why didn't you tell me?" I asked in confusion. "Anybody who spreads a word about his life without his permission will be executed. He of course, doesn't allow his private life to be revealed at any point of time." He sighs.

"Our rivalry with the Port Mafia only started when he was the new Creator. We were an underground organization with high-tech offenses and defenses, and every single member was trained for battle by us paladins. We were superior in terms of strength than the Port Mafia." He said. "We had what Port Mafia has, and had what they also lacked. We were very strong, and could easily massacre them."

"But instead, the former Creator, your grandfather, groveled to the knees of Port Mafia's former boss, doing their dirty work on other cities." He said. "This enraged your father, since he thought that Nightstalker should be ordering them around. We shut down all operations except for us paladins, training them rigorously, when he came into power."

"Your father ruled over Nightstalker for 27 years. He wanted you to continue the dynasty, that started with Nightstalker's sole founder. He wished for the ultimate human, with no weaknesses. One of the major threats to this organization were people with nullification abilities."

"So that's why her body is so weird." Shiro said. "Dazai's ability only worked on certain areas, and she covered most of them.."

"Kindly do not interrupt me." Juancho said calmly. "Please inhabit good manners, look at Fitzgerald-sama. He's very dignified." He gestures to Fitzgerald, who is calmly sitting on Lore's chair, reading a book.

"Anyways, they attempted this several times, only for them to die very quickly. But you survived, and so you were treated like a diamond. You were polished, treated with elegance and care. When you reached fifteen, it was time for you to start you first mission. That was to kill Dazai." He said.

"But I didn't. He treated me like a normal human, not like a puppet and certainly not like I was a diamond. He treated me as if I was his friend." I said.

"Yes. But I think that was part of Dashner's plan." He said. "He could easily stop and kill you when he saw Dazai climb on your balcony and sneak you out."

"So what you're saying is..?"

"What he's trying to imply is, that Dashner took advantage of your relationship to gain Lore's trust." Fitzgerald said, closing the book shut. "Once Lore realized that you came to like Dazai, he acted as his right hand in your place. He might've planned to use Lore's trust on him as a way of controlling the organization and make himself the next leader."

"Well said, Fitzgerald-sama." Juancho applauds. "It is exactly as he said. Pizan has warned us of his actions, Nietzsche as well. Unfortunately, it lied on our deaf ears, and continued to follow him. Dashner looks so innocent, we had no idea he would do that." He sighs.

"It wasn't you who was the real traitor, it was him." He said.

"Let's kick the other Paladins' asses! To the door!" I exclaim.
"Mind your language, miss." He scolds.

Meanwhile.....

Dazai is currently running away from the Grievers. He got himself in a dead end, cornered by them. He saw Dashner standing on top of its walls, smirking down on him.

"Lowlifes like you should stay down." Dashner said in his innocent voice. "It is quite a waste of precious oxygen that you're still here."

"Fuck death, I wish to get out of here alive." Dazai glares. "I'd rather get punched to death by Chuuya than die in the hands of a weakling." He smirks.

Suddenly, green particles fell, and changed the surroundings. Tanizaki emerges along with Chuuya.

"Good to know you'd want to get punched by me, Dazai." Chuuya smirks.

"Soukoku?!" Dashner flinches. "Shit, I have to get away for a while..!"

Chuuya suddenly appeared behind him, then tapped his shoulder. "Too late, idiot." He said, before punching him in the stomach. He fell down the wall, just in time for Dazai to activate his ability and nullify The Pit.

All the 13 doors were painted red.

"What the hell? They're all red now?!" Chuuya frowns. "All of them are defeated, so why is this stupid room still here?"

"It's simple. This will only disappear if I die. Normally, I can do it voluntarily and can be nullified, but I casted it this way." He said. "Well. None of you seem eager to kill me, so I will do it myself. But the other members and paladins who are enchanted to me, will die as well.." He smirks. "The Maze Runner: Game Over."

He suddenly collapsed, blood pooling around him for no absolute reason.

With Dashner dead, The Maze Runner, his ability, and the members of Nightstalker fell with him.

The walls disappeared and they were reunited.