Sixteen

"What?" Niall asked. "Its gone?" I said puzzled. I didnt understand either. Why would this person take just my picture? "Are you sure?" He asked. "Well, its not here now unless my mom took it down or something." I stuttered. "Maybe, you should ask her." He said. "Niall, its late and everyone is sleeping at my house." I explained. I held the phone close and checked all the doors to make sure they were locked before running up the stairs. "What are you doing?" Niall asked. I guess he heard me running up stairs. "Sorry, just heading into my room." I said. I sat down on my bed and reached under my pillow. I took out the envelope. "Whats going on Niall?" I huffed. "I dont know but you will be okay!" He said reasurring. "I guess." I said as I laid down and closed my eyes. "Sydney? You still awake?" Niall said quietly. "Yeah, can you sing me a song?" I asked. I sounded like a little kid. "Sure." He said starting to sing quietly. "Another day another life, passes by just like mine. It's not complicated."

"Snot face, wake up!" My eyes popped open. "What are you doing Luke?"I asked. "What is this?" He asked grabbing the envelope from the ground. "Its nothing. What do you want?" I said as I yanked it out of his grasp. "Sheesh. Crabby arent we this morning? I just wanted to tell you that Harry called gosh! He wants you to call him asap!" Luke said the last part trying to imatate Harry. It was rather cute. I sat up and reached for my cell phone. Dead. "Okay, ill go call him back." I said heading out the door and down the stairs.

*Lukes POV*

Sydney left the room to go call Harry back. What can I do to her room while she is gone? I smiled and started looking through her stuff. Then I stopped. The envelope. What is in it that Sydney was so protective over? I grabbed it and went to sit in her blue bean bag chair. I took a deep breath and opened it slowly. First I took out a picture of Sydney and Colby kissing. "Ugh." I heard myself say. Then I pulled out the next thing I felt. Another picture? I flipped it over and my mouth went into an O shape. Sydney and Harry kissing. "What?" I said aloud. My older brother and my big sister. I was pissed. I threw the pictures and the envelope behind the chair and stomped out of the room.

*Sydneys POV*

"Hello?" I said. "Oh hey, did I wake you up?" Harry asked. "Yeah but thats fine. Whatsup?" I asked while grabbing a bagel and sitting at the kitchen table, staring at the empty space where my picture should be. "Well, today is my last day. I have to go back tonight. I was wondering if you were busy?" Harry asked. "Nope. What were you thinking?" "Well, I actually have a fun packed day. No breaks." Harry said. I could tell he was smiling. "Of corse. When do you want me to pick you up?" I asked. "Hour?" Harry asked. "Okay. Ill be there." I said setting the phone down and racing up the stairs. I plugged my phone in and went to look for something nice to wear. I went through my closet and picked out a pair of shorts and a tank top. I turned to face my mirror and I saw the envelope sitting on the floor. "Big secret hey?" I heard from behind me. I quickly turned around to see Luke leaning against the door frame. "Lu-" "Dont even try. Why would you cheat? Slut." My eyes started to water. "You don't ever get to call me that!" I yelled at him. "Well, you are. Just admit it." He said rolling his eyes. "I love Colby! It was one stupid kiss." i was still yelling. "Is everything alright up there?" Mom called from down stairs. "Yup." Luke yelled back down. I collapsed onto the bed and let my head dangle. Luke came and sat next to me. "Sydney?" He asked. I lifted my head and looked at him. "What?" I sobbed. "Why'd you do it?" "I don't know Lu, but it hasnt happened since, and Luke." "Hm?" He asked. "Did you see the paper?" "What paper?" I grabbed the envelope and showed him the paper. "Solby or Sarry? Is someone blackmailing you?" He asked. I shrugged. "Did you tell mom?" He asked. I shook my head. He put his arm around me and hugged me tight. We sat there for a couple of minutes and then I looked at the clock. I have to go! "Sorry Luke. I gotta go." He nodded. I got off the bed and headed to the door. I stopped and turned to him. "You ever call me that again and it will be the last thing you ever say. Got it?" I said strictly. He nodded and smiled. Damn, that boy is a handful.