Chapter 2

Harry,
I'm so happy to hear from you, though I'm sorry things haven't been great at home, and that you haven't heard from Ron or Hermione this summer. How strange, though I know they must have a good reason, perhaps with all this strange stuff happening across the country.

I furrowed my eyebrows, remembering reading in the Dailey Prophet of all the strange disappearances of witches, wizards and muggles alike. Though it would always leave out the truth behind those stories, that Lord Voldemort is back and behind all these tragic events. Perhaps the Weasleys and Hermione are in hiding, I just hope nothing bad has happened to either of them.

I would really like to meet you someplace in London, perhaps the leaky cauldron, we could get some ice cream from Flo! It would be nice to see a friendly face again, let me know when you'd be available to do so.

Stass

I opened my bedroom window, allowing Hedwig to get back to Harry with my letter.

Breathing in the fresh air, and letting the warm wind breeze through, enveloping my skin like a hug I felt slight peace. Shutting my eyes and soaking up the sun, remembering that it's actually the summer time.

I moved toward my bed, lying comfortably on top of the covers, still having the sun beam on to my body giving me warmth. I for the first time fell easily into a sleep, happy that I let myself write to a friend.

~

"Cedric!" A voice screamed out, jerking me out of my sleep. I jolted up, eyes wide open, shocked at the sudden sound in my house after weeks of silence.

"Cedric!" I heard again, it was my father. I gasped, jumping out of bed, grabbed my wand and ran out my bedroom.

"Dad?" I called out cautiously, walking down the stairs, gasping as a spell flew by my head.

"Don't hurt my son!" He screamed at me, sending another spell my way. I clenched my wand, knowing I couldn't use magic or else I'd be thrown out of school, but unsure how to deflect the spells coming my way.

"Dad, it's me! It's Anastasia!" I cried desperately, cowering behind the ledge of the stairs.

"No! Don't take him away from me!" He yelled, I could hear him sobbing. I don't know what had happened, it's like he couldn't recognize me.

"Please help me, please help me," I whispered to myself as tears formed in my eyes, my knuckles turning white from clutching my wand.

"Cedric?" He called out sadly, I sobbed quietly, unable to move from my spot.

"Dad he's dead! Cedric is gone," I cried out, seeing flashes of spells flash around to different places in the house, hearing faces break and pictures fall.

"My boy! Not my boy," he continued to spiral out of control, all those days of no food, sleep and so much grief affected him to no repair.

I heard a three loud snaps, shuffling and a crash. I gasped and stood up from my hiding place, truly seeing the damage that had been done. The house grew up in now in complete distress, torn apart to an unfamiliar distruction.

"Anastasia? Are you alright?" A woman with bubblegum pink coloured hair appeared at the bottom of the stairwell, a look of concern on her face as she looked between me and down the hallway, where the noise of shuffling footsteps and small chatter. I stuttered, unable to get an answer out.

"I, er.. is my dad okay?" Was all I could muster out. I stumbled slightly down the stairs toward her, the colour in her hair fading to a dull pink.

"He's under the potrifalus totalus spell, he will awake in a few hours, he will be just fine," she said, giving me a sympathetic smile.

"Oh, alright," I said faintly, making my way down more. She walked up a step and held out an arm, not saying anything but just simply waiting.