Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

             My feet landed on solid ground abruptly, I gasped at the sudden feeling of the atmosphere coming back to me.

I looked around at what surrounded me, we seemed to have been in a flat. It was dark, poorly lit and a bit dusty. I saw Kingsley, Mad eye and Tonks waking down the hallway in front of me, Tonks looking back and ushering me to follow.

I looked down and saw my trunk by my side, though there was a small house elf who had his hands on the handle.

"Ms' bag will be brought up to the mudbloods room, they said, with the mudblood and blood traitor," he grumbled, looking up at me with hate in his eyes.

"Thank you," I said quietly, shocked that a house elf had such prejudice, and to the family is was serving... then I began to wonder who's house this was.

"Kreacher! Don't speak that way to our guests!" An angry voice warned, I looked up to see that Mad Eye and Kingsley had walked away, and a new figure was beside  Tonks. Kreacher simply bowed and hulled my trunk down the hallway and up the stairs.

"I'm sorry about that, he's grown accustomed to his old families beliefs," the man said in a much nicer tone, taking a step forward. I furrowed my eyebrows at who he was, he looked very familiar, though I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Well I'm Sirius," he introduced, then it clicked, he was Sirius Black. Harry has told me the truth about what had happened to him, that it was actually a man by the name of peter pettigrew who betrayed his parents and became a follower of Voldemort.

"I'm Anastasia," I said in a full voice for the first time in a few hours, "I'm sorry to burden you all my staying here," I apologized, looking around awkwardly.

"Oh, you are not a burden," he said in a shocked tone, "Harry's told me so much about you, anyone who's a friend of my godson is a friend of mine, you're very much welcomed here," he said, flashing a kind but sympathetic smile.

"Thank you," I smiled weakly at the thought of Harry talking about all our memories, "it means a lot," I mumbled, playing with my hands anxiously.

"Stassie?" I heard a familiar voice called out from behind Tonks and Sirius. They turned to see who was talking, allowing me to see Hermione, with Ron right on her tail. She ran past the two adults, my way, wrapping her arms around me. I hesitated before hugging her back, bursts of warmth and happiness bursting through me.

We broke apart, I smiled at her, happy to have friends close by. I turned to Ron and noticed him rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly, with a small smile on his face. I took a step toward him and gave in a huge hug, smiling when it was him that hesitated into the hug, knowing that his ears would be bright red.

"Wait," I pulled away and took a step back, they both looked at me with confused faces, "what are you guys doing here? Why haven't you been answering Harry's letters?" I took a step closer, seeing that Sirius and Tonks had left us to ourselves, though wanting to make sure there were no prying ears, "this is headquarters for aurors, is it not?" I wondering out loud, remembering hearing that Mad eye and Kingley were talking about earlier.

Hermione shushed me, and lead me upstairs, past a few doors. I looked back at Ron, shaking my head slightly as if asking what the hell was going on, he simply shrugged and nodded forward to keep walking up.

Once we entered a room, that held two beds, one looked untouched and the other well lived in. Hermione sat on an old leather arm chair, Ron on the messy bed, I stood by the door, still wondering what the hell was going on.

"Stassie, I really shouldn't be telling you this," Hermione started, thinking over every word that comes out of her mouth.

"Especially now, Stass we heard what happened, we really don't want you to stress over all this," Ron said, interrupting Hermione, she glared at him and shifted in her seat to face me completely.