lunch

when the bell rang for lunch, eleven quickly made her way to the principals office.
she looked around and saw max sitting in a chair.

"hey." eleven whispered softly as she took a seat next to max.
"hi." max mumbled.

max was embarrassed that she had lashed out like that in front of the whole class and most importantly, in front of her bestfriend.

"are you okay?" eleven pulls max into her chest and rubs her back.
"i don't know, i guess. im sorry i freaked out like that. you probably think im crazy." max sighed as she placed her face in her hands.
"i don't think your crazy. those girls said some really mean things." eleven smiled. "im proud of you actually."
"thanks." max said with a small smile.
"just promise me you won't freak out like that again." elevens face grows serious.
"i don't know if i can but ill try." max admitted.

dustin, lucas and will ran up to max and eleven.

"everyones saying that you beat up three girls. is that true?" dustin asks as he tries to catch is breath.
"well, yeah. they were saying mean things about eleven and i and i guess i just snapped." max shrugs.
"damn i wish i was there to see that." lucas pouts.

eleven glares at lucas.

"what? i barely see any drama nowadays." lucas complains.
"so what did the principal say?" eleven turns her attention back to max.
"im suspended for a day. i was supposed to be suspended for 3 but i told him about the rumours they were spreading." max explains.
"aww i wish i could take the day off with you." eleven whines.
"you can't, el. i don't want you to miss out on school because of me."
"and if you miss school again, more rumours will spread." will smirks.
"oh shut up." eleven rolls her eyes.
"go eat lunch." max pulls away from eleven and stares at the floor.
"are you sure?" eleven furrows her eyebrows.
"yes." max gives a small smile. "billy is going to be picking me up soon anyway."
"okay. ill see you after school." eleven hesitantly walks away with the boys.

max nods and watches them leave.

"im going to be in so much trouble for this." max whispers to herself as she stares at her sore hands.

just then, billy comes rushing in the school.

"what the hell happened, max?" billy pants.
"i just got into some fight." max says barley above a whisper.

billy sighs and wraps his arms around his sister.

"i was worried about you. i came here as fast as i could."

max smiles and hugs billy back.

"i'm fine, billy." max giggles.

billy pulls back from the hug and scans max's face for bruises.

"wow not even a single mark on your face." billy raises his eyebrow
"yeah i'm pretty good at fighting, huh?" max jokes.

billy chuckles.

max didn't want her brother to know that she caused the fight. if she told him, he would ask questions and she wouldn't be able to answer. max herself didn't know why she freaked out like that. max is not a violent person. but she knows she was satisfied while punching them in the face. it felt good.

"if those girls touch you again, there will be problems." billy grows protective.
"i don't think those girls will go near me again after that beating." max smirks proudly.
"i'm proud of you for fighting back." billy laughs.
"i'm proud of myself too." max stands up. "now let's go home already."

billy agrees and the two walk out of the school.