2

After the sun went down, a cool breeze sprang up. It blew through the treetops and calmed Peter's nerves.

Oh god, what had even happened today?

The creatures had come out of the ground and Peter had just ran away. Why? It was practically his fault that HYDRA was killing everyone in sight to try and find him. Peter knew for a fact the they would never find him here but in the process of searching, they would murder millions.

Peter didn't want that.

After thinking about it for a while, he made sense of something:

This was "the rest". Definitely, the backup plan for if Shadow got out of control or escaped. He had met HYDRA in New York before this and had shown them that he would never cooperate with or help HYDRA in his life. Peter hated them for using this plan. Killing innocents to lure him out into the open so they could capture him.

As much as Peter would have loved to kill certain people, he still controlled his HYDRA side and stopped thinking about it a while ago. He was known worldwide as the assassin with the metal arm and the Avengers were probably still nervous about him. Yeah, Peter had made quite a name for himself the during few years he was at HYDRA. He had killed numerous people that he never wanted to kill. Except for one that he had failed to kill. Peter was thinking about what he should do during the apocalypse. He didn't know, maybe he would just go out and try to help people at the risk of getting captured again and being used against everything he loved?

No.

He would do something more.

He sat on his hammock for a few days, not eating or doing anything else but thinking of the possible outcomes and how he could do something to stop all this madness.

Until he got hungry.

He went to hunt for fresh meat.

<•>

Avengers

The Avengers stayed in their little camp that they had set up for about a week. They hunted and cooked and sent out small parties of people to kill small parties of HYDRA agents and creatures. Occasionally they would find a clue about Strucker's plans and try to stop them by attacking first. They worked like this for a while until they ran short of food. They hunted more from then on and helped surviving civilians get to the safety of the extra bunkers and killing everything that was HYDRA in their way. Sam and Clint was occasionally cursing the person who escaped from HYDRA and started all this. They were saying that they would find the person HYDRA wanted back and give him back to them. Steve disagreed, saying that if HYDRA wanted someone back so desperately that person must have something that could change the world, either killing HYDRA or killing the Avengers. They had to get him in the right side. They evaded the creatures for a while until Strucker somehow tracked them and got them surrounded by walls of HYDRA agents and creatures. They had to fight their way out of this.

The battle was gruesome. They went against each other and killed everything in sight that was HYDRA. Strucker took the high ground again, bombing the Avengers as best he could and trying to kill them with bullets and Iron-Man-like repulsers. Tony had flown up to try and stop Strucker from pelting his teammates with bullets and the two of them ended up fighting ins vicious battle. Down on the ground, the other Avengers (Only The grows from Age of Ultron plus Loki, Sam, Rhodey.No Thor) we're having trouble defending themselves. The creatures were smart and quick and the HYDRA agents kept shooting at them while their mutilated allies attacked on the front line. Tony wasn't doing too well. Strucker kept getting hits in and blasting his suit. The two of them flew higher and higher until they couldn't see the others anymore. Strucker grinned,

"Now for your end, Stark." He grabbed a knife from his suit and stabbed it deep into his arc reactor which housed the nanoparticles for his suit. Suddenly Tony was just a man really high in the clouds with no protection or backup whatsoever. Strucker laughed again. He threw a few hard punches and made sure to slash up Tony a little on his body and face before drop-kicking him like a football as hard as he could. At this point, Tony was already unconscious from the pain and falling from the sky. Nothing was slowing him down.

<•>

Peter

Peter was silently stalking a herd of deer when they suddenly raced off. He was sure he had made no sound to scare them off but still, he readied his sword. Animals can sense things humans can't and just in case of anything bad happening, Peter got the Force to surround him. It was lucky for a certain genius falling at like 100mph that Peter had it ready, or else he would've went Splat. Peter's powers caught him at the last second and this time, he made sure that there was support all over the man's body, especially the neck. He did not want a repeat of what happened Gwen ever again.

Peter stepped up to check out the dude who fell from the sky. His first thought was 'what the fuck' and then he realized how serious Stark's condition was. He sighed for the millionth time in his life and carried him back to his tree. There, he put him in the infirmary and cut his shirt off. He was all bloody and bruised and Peter had to quickly detached the housing unit for nanoparticles on his chest and inspected the wound that the knife made. It was pretty bad, but Peter worked quick to make sure that it wouldn't be infected in any way. He ran to a storeroom and got some bandages after closing the wound with his powers and bandaged them up nicely. Then he healed the other cuts and put saw what Strucker had done to his face. It was full of cuts and was bruised. Blood was everywhere and Peter cleaned them up and healed the cuts and bruises. How could Strucker do such a thing? Beat up a man, destroy his suit and throw him down to the ground so he could just die painfully?

Peter grabbed a shirt and a pair of pants from the room where he stored clothes. He put them on the foot of the bed Stark now lay in and went to his hammock. He lay in there for a while and wondered why he had saved him. From the day Peter had left the tower he hadn't heard from him or any news of people trying to rescue him or find him. That time in the bar at Las Vegas, Peter hadn't known why he evaded Stark. Now, thinking back at it, it might've been pity. Shadow had failed a mission to kill him and the HYDRA side of him still wanted to complete the mission but deep down, Peter still cared for Stark. No matter what he had done. That, even Peter himself did not understand why. This man had thrown him out because of another kid and listened to their lies. Why did Peter still care? The answer was probably this: they had been through too much together to let go now. They had helped each other on many occasions and had saved lives together, even each other's. The time they met in the cemetery about a year ago when Peter refused to show his identity to him was because he wasn't prepared and he doubted that Stark was prepared either.

Was Peter prepared now? To meet the man who he had once loved, then hated, and then forgiven?

No, he would never be prepared for this.

Keener has ruined it all and now, suddenly, the only revenge Peter wanted was against Strucker (and Keener, who was an a**hole and is probably hiding right now), who had nearly killed Stark. Damn, these stupid emotions.

Then Peter was suddenly struck with realization: if Stark was here, then all of the other Avengers...

Peter swung down from the tree and went on his way to find them.