5

Tony was having mixed feelings about Peter's story. He was insanely guilty and remorseful but at the same time he was amazed. The kid had been near him during his disappearance more times than he even knew! Peter had worked at that bar in Vegas and he was the one who blocked him from the explosion that would've surely killed him.

But there was another thing.

If Peter was the one in the graveyard that day how did he manage to crush one of his suits without touching it? And how did he hide his prosthetic arm?

Tony got up and began to walk to Peter's little room in the tree. He got there and climbed the ladder. He slowly opened the trapdoor and sighed in relief. The room was empty but there was another small platform on the top of the tree. A rope ladder hung from it and Peter was obviously up there.

"Come on up." Peter's voice startled Tony so much he nearly fell right back down into the hole he had came through. He closed the trapdoor and climbed the second ladder up to a lookout. Peter stood by the edge, gazing at the stars in the distant sky. His twin swords were strapped to his back, making him look like a Goth warrior.

"Your stalking skills have not improved at all, Stark." Peter stated, still gazing at the sky.

"Yeah, I noticed." Tony said.

Peter turned and looked him in the eye.

"I don't know why I'm not killing you right now. You were my mission and one of the only thoughts keeping me alive throughout all these years was the ecstasy of getting revenge on you." Peter said coldly.

Tony visibly gulped.

"Uh, thanks?"

Peter smirked.

"Don't thank me yet." In truth, Peter had no idea how to deal with his emotions. His thoughts were just as messed up as Stark's, if not messier.

"So um, Peter. I was wondering how did you crush my suit without touching it that time in the graveyard?" Tony inquired.

"I'll show you all tomorrow morning. Now, go have a good rest." Peter replied.

"Err, where should I go?" Tony asked.

"I'll walk you." Peter climbed down the ladders with Tony in tow and led him to a hut.

"Goodnight."

Then he was gone, just another Shadow in the gathering darkness.

<•>

Peter woke up the next morning at five. He hunted some food and made breakfast. The Avengers slowly came out from their separate huts and gathered at the table. They are in silence with occasional interruptions by Clint and Loki and Peter chatting. After cleaning the dishes, they all went to the training platform in the middle of the tree.

"I know that some of you are curious about my powers. I will show you them today." Peter closed his eyes for a moment and when he opened them, they were pitch black. The Avengers all started to float up. They all looked confused for a second but then started to panic. Black tendrils of pure energy was emitting from Peter's hands and everyone was freaked out.

"That day I killed those agents in New York, I was only trying to push them away from me. I wouldn't kill them on purpose then, but now, I am not sure if I will." Peter continued.

Yeah, the Avengers were really freaking out now. Peter lowered them back to the ground.

"To show you my full capabilities, we must be in battle." Peter explained, "fortunately, I have found a big party of creatures not far from here, looking for you. I will go with you all to kill them." Peter looked around, "you coming?" He asked.