Chapter 3

“CUT! Perfect guys I love it,” Laurieann shouted from her chair. Gaga and Taylor hadn’t even heard a thing she said; their lips were still attached for a second before both of them slowly pulled away and stared at one another, their faces still in close proximity. Their kiss wasn’t scripted but Gaga didn’t care. She was so happy until just moments later when she had become afraid again. Taylor saw it in her eyes, but he didn’t understand. He thought she was ready. What was she afraid of and why? He knew in his mind that it had to do with him, but what? Suddenly all was interrupted by someone calling out.

“Stef come on!” It was Tara. Gaga looked at Taylor one more time and before leaving she said, “Meet me out back?”

--------------------------------------------------------------

Tara just finished removing her friend’s makeup that she had on from filming the You & I video. She slowly started packing the products into her bag.

“So… how was your kiss with Taylor,” Tara asked, smiling. She was trying not to giggle but failed at that. She knew the superstar had a crush on him and she found that was so adorable. But Gaga didn’t find it funny, which Tara noticed right away. “Hey. What’s going on?” Gaga put her head down, closed her eyes and let herself go.

“I’m scared,” she said softly. Her eyes closed and tears started falling out as she did. The makeup artist rushed to her boss’ side to comfort her.

“Why baby, what are you scared of? Is that why you were crying last night?”

“Ya,” Gaga answered, wiping her tears before more started forming in her eyes. “It’s Luc.” She had a feeling her boss would say that.

“Oh no. What did he do?”

Gaga took her cell phone and opened up the picture with the text message her boyfriend had sent her. She started crying again as she handed over the device. Tara looked at every single detail. Her eyes grew so wide as she read the awful and terrifying words written on that screen.

“Oh my God,” she gasped. “Stef he’s crazy; he thinks you’re like his property. I can’t believe what he fucking did to your stuff. I don’t wanna tell you what to do with your relationship but he’s seriously possessive; it’s almost like he’s obsessed with you.”

“I know,” she said. Then she paused a bit. “Tara, I can’t leave Luc but I don’t wanna lose Taylor,” she sobbed. Her face fell into her hands. Tara felt so terrible for her best friend. She leaned over in front of Gaga.

“Hey! Look at me.” She lifted her friend’s chin up so they were looking at each other. “First thing you need to do is calm down. Come we’re gonna sit on the couch. Take some deep breaths… that’s it,” she said as Gaga listened and breathed deeply. They both sat on the couch and Tara rubbed Gaga’s back slowly. “Okay so this might sound like a stupid question but think about it for a second. Do you still really love Luc? I know this sounds bad but it seems like you’re just afraid of him and that’s why you feel like you can’t leave him.”

Gaga gave the idea some thought. At first she told herself she still loved him but she realized that while she spent a year in misery with him, she was craving escape. Tara was right: she didn’t love Luc anymore. She was just afraid of him doing something insane if she left him, something worse than what he had done the day before. But Taylor would never make her feel that way. He always made her feel so happy, comfortable and free. When she wasn’t ready to kiss him, he respected that. When she was crying outside in the rain, he carried her into the warmth of his trailer and comforted her until she fell asleep. And every time they talked, she was always so relaxed and overjoyed to be around him. His company was the most wonderful thing for her. She didn’t want to lose him. She couldn’t…