Chapter Four: Ship Fics

When writing a boyxboy or girlxgirl fanfiction, there are several key factors that you must include to make your fanfiction read worthy. Though some of these do fall under plot and characterisation, there are several other points that must be made in this chapter too.

Take BTS. Most often, ship fics have the same, very original plotlines as straight fanfictions. The idea of roommates, classmates or bullies is still very fresh and innovative in this alternate universe!

Some basics to remember to let your ship fic soar:

1. If one person is gay, their whole friend group MUST be gay too! (Except Hoseok. Hoseok is always straight. The book is no fun if you don't include Taekook, Yoonmin and Namjin! Any other ship is null and void, because no one likes to read about anything that isn't the top three most popular ships in BTS!

2. Are one of the boys straight? Don't worry! Just have Jungkook kiss them and bam! Gay. Of course, throwing away personal boundaries and space is completely fine as long as it's to support your "BTS gay" agenda!

3. Grammar is unnecessary! Punctuation too, for that matter. Many people are only looking for a good gay smut, despite thinking that they themselves are "innocent little potatoes." First of all, don't call yourself a vegetable because that means you're brain dead. Just let yourself loose and have your imagination run wild! The less you can understand what you've written, the more enjoyable it is for the readers.

4. Make sure you always include a gay sex scene. Make sure it's steamier and more detailed than the rest of your book. Remember, your plot does not matter in ship fics—it's all about the gay porn.

5. Separating your paragraphs is not necessary. Readers like to get all the info in one go. The more the merrier!

6. Do you want to add something unique? Try MPREG! By making Taehyung or Jungkook pregnant, your "innocent potato" readers will be fully immersed and support your story to its fullest!

7. Do NOT believe your readers when they say they're "innocent readers." Your readers love steamy smut, Taehyung/V having bipolar disorder, Jungkook having depression, and of course, Taehyung and Jungkook being step-brothers.

And if you're still at a loss as to what to write about, we're going to break down the three main ships in BTS!

Taekook:

Taekook is a source of dissension between many readers on Wattpad. If your book is not top Tae, some readers will not read it! If your book is not top Kook, some other readers will not read it. As Taekook fanfiction authors, sadly, we never win.

This is everyone's favourite couple (unless you have a death wish.) Jikook, Vmin, Yoonkook, Vhope - they're all INVALID in the minds of a Taekook shipper. Worried that your book is rushed, cliche, or even just all-around bad? Be at ease! No matter how awfully your book is written, it will still get clout because of the ship's popularity! Make sure to include at least homophobic character, a vengeful ex-girlfriend, and an overly attached best friend who ships Taehyung and Jungkook, and you're set to write a ripper of a story!

Maybe we do win, after all.

Yoonmin:

Our next favourite couple is our beloved hyung and maknae ship. When writing about this particular ship, you must include at least one (1) mention of anxiety, depression, an eating disorder, or domestic violence! Either Yoongi or Jimin should have a dark past to make your book an interesting and enticing read.

Some concepts to get you started:

Yoongi is a teacher. Jimin is a student who keeps getting bullied ): and ))):: omg he's abused at home! Being the ever caring teacher, Yoongi resolves to help his troubled student. By the end of chapter five, they're making out in the janitor's closet.

Jimin is a little. Yoongi is his carer. Enough said.

Yoongi bullies Jimin. Jimin bullies Yoongi. Feel free to explore your options! There are unlimited possibilities when your two love interests start out by being mortal enemies. Good thing that characters in fanfictions know how to forgive and forget, right?

Yoongi is a mafia boss and kills Jimin's whole family. In return, Jimin tries to assassinate Yoongi but they end up having sex in a deserted alleyway. Hot.

And, the iconic one... Class president Jimin and bad boy Yoongi! This one is by far the favourite of many authors on Wattpad due to the boundless creativity this plot requires to perfect.

These are ideas you could utilise to make your fanfiction as amazing as possible! Make sure to only use these plotlines. Anything else that you may think is 'unique' is not what your readers like. Scrap it now.

Namjin:

The two parents of BTS never fail to be shipped! Although these fanfictions are harder to come by, they are never in short supply if you know how to search. Writing one of these is pretty straightforward, because you can only choose from one concept. Namjoon and Jin must have a happy ending, after one heroically saves the other from a bad/unpleasant situation. Taekook is also required to be a side ship.

With Namjin fanfictions, the more angsty it is, the better! Feel free to explore any sort of forbidden relationship. Teacher x teacher, student x student at an all boy's boarding school, princes of warring kingdoms - let your mind wander. There's no need for character development because these members are two dimensional! Namjoon must be a 148IQ genius, and Seokjin must be popular and a womaniser. There's no in between.

Feel like you've learn many a thing about ship fics? Good! As an avid ship fic reader, you must also remember to ignore things such as romanticising mental illnesses and incest! It's all part of a good fanfiction. It only makes the book all the more exciting.

A note to remember before we continue:

Struggling to rack up reads? Feeling disappointed when you check Wattpad and find zero notifications? Crying when you realise that the only person who voted on your latest chapter is yourself? Never fear! Just write a ship fic!

Ship fics are far easier to write than member x oc and Y/N books, because you can be as lazy as you want with the personalities of the members! Use them to get instant clout, and sit back and relax as the followers come rolling in. 

Next: Your Image

We know it's been a while, and we're sorry about that! Two admins are currently in college and one is in high school - we've had quite a lot of things to do and sadly neglected this account. But never fret! We're constantly trying to churn out content for you guys <3  

- Nikki ((: