Delayed.

Saturday, August 23rd, 2018: 12:05pm

You're sitting in the airport floor, you had to since there were no empty seats, and who would give up their comfortable sitting space for a regular guy like you, right? Well, at least you were able to find an outlet. Your phone started running out of battery after 5 hours, and you were going to need it, because suddenly you hear an announcement mentioning "We are sorry to inform that flight 283B will be delayed due to heavy weather"

You sigh after listening to this. You planned this for months, your first trip being all on your own. And nothing seemed to be going your way so far. You realise that you never noticed the weather outside, but after that announcement you look up to see out the windows and notice that it's raining pretty hard. You take off your headphones to listen to the rain fall, there's something about the noise of it that always helps calm you down. After a few minutes, the waiting room fills up even more because the people from the plane at the gate next to yours are starting to arrive, so the sound of people starts drowning out the relaxing feeling of the storm. Annoyed, you put on your headphones again and max out the volume. You're not really a "people person" and crowds aren't your favourite setting. But as long as you have music, your phone and perhaps a couple of books, you'll be okay.

There's people all around you, on the floor, standing and even walking next to you. You think you saw someone you knew but the familiar face disappeared into the crowd, so you shake off the thought and reach for your coffee. You regularly don't drink coffee, you'd go for something sweeter like hot chocolate, but after having to stay up so many hours, you decided that you'd need the energy. Of course it's still packed with sugar and has a bunch of milk because you could never get used to drinking black coffee after your regular eating habits. Sipping your drink and banging your head along to Panic! At the Disco, you're actually having a pretty good time waiting for your flight. The current song ends and "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" starts playing. A classic. It's actually on your list of all time favourites, it's surprising that it's been so many years since it was released. You recieve a message from your mom.

-"Are you on the plane yet?"

"Nope, still delayed."-

"Let me know when you are,
-Do you need anything?"

"Not really. Thanks
mom, I will"-

You shut off your phone and lay your head on the wall, eyes closed, while listening to the next song on your playlist. You don't remember the name of the song but it's very relaxing, sounds like Sleeping with Sirens. It is now 12:47pm and all you want to do is get to your hotel over in Vancouver. Canada is the one place you've always wanted to visit, and eventually live in. Now that you're finally going there, the delay doesn't bother you as much as you think it should, all because of the excitement. And as the song flows along, you begin to drift asleep.