~ The first date ~

The next day...

Last night nick and molly were up all night talking. About all that happened with will. About how nick felt about him. About everything. Nick told molly all about him being a Harbaugh kid and being used to spy on her. She told her all about her doubts about him being trustworthy. They were up all night. Molly kept trying to get nick to send him a text or call him or anything. But she just didn't have the nerves to. She was worried that because he had been away for so long he wouldn't feel the same way about her anymore.

It was 3pm the next day and the Thompson's were eating lunch. Nick felt her phone buzz in her pocket.
"Hey, can I be excused please?" Nick asked politely.
"Yeah of course nick," liz said nicely as nick stood up and headed to the living room. She opened her phone to see she had a text from Will.

                                          Will💞
Will💞:   Hey nick!
                                                                       Hey!    :Nick

Will💞:    Wanna do something fun later?

                                                       Of course I do!  :Nick

Will💞:  okay meet me at the park in half an hour!

Nicks heart was pounding. She had never been more excited for anything in her whole life. But she had half an hour to get ready. Should she dress up? Or dress down? Or casual. She knew it wasn't a date date or was it? How would she do her hair. Would she wear makeup? There were so many questions going through her mind at that moment. Her head was spinning.

Throughout all the chaos she forgot to go and tell Ed and liz that she was going out. Nick rushed downstairs and told everyone that she was gonna go out in like 25 mins. She grabbed molly by the arm and pulled her all the way up the stairs and into their room. "Help!" She screamed panicked. "Will asked me to meet him at the park in half an hour and I'm freaking out!"

Molly ran to their wardrobe and pulled all of nicks clothes out. She looked through each item individually tossing out all unsuitable options. In the end she had a pair of black sneakers, a black denim skirt and Nicks favourite Rocky and Bullwinkle t-shirt. "Okay, this is cute and definitely your style. Not too dressy. Not too casual. Perfect!" Molly shouted taking nick by the hand and leasing her to the desk. "Okay hair..." Molly started. She took nicks hair out the messy ponytail it was in and brushed it with a nice middle parting. She took the curlers and gave her some very natural looking beach waves. Nick looked in the mirror and smiled. "Thanks molly!"

After that nick took her backpack off her bed and packed some essentials. Deodorant, water, some snacks, her phone etc. After all she had no idea where she was going or what she was doing. She headed downstairs and said goodbye to everyone. Then she headed off to the park. After about 3 minutes she got there but Will was nowhere in sight.
"Will?" Nick shouted. There was no reply. He was probably just late she thought.

Out of nowhere nick noticed a light in the distance. It was coming from behind a bush and a group of trees. Nick approached the light to find a string of fairy lights hanging from the trees. Will was sitting on a blanket on the ground with a picnic basket and a camera. He was sitting there taking pictures of the lights before he noticed that nick had walked in. "Hey nick, woah you look great!" He said making her blush. "You don't look so bad yourself," nick responded taking a seat next to Will on the picnic blanket.

"So...as I have been gone for so long I thought I would take you on a little picnic date to catch up," Will said opening the basket and placing a selection of different foods in front of them.
"Date?" Nick said flustered. She had no idea that this was a date. But she was kind of hoping that it was.
"Yeah." Will replied. He handed nick a plate and pointed to the foods in front of them. "So what do you want, sandwiches, fruit, biscuits?"

The two of them talked for hours on the picnic blanket underneath the stars. They are so much they thought that they would explode. When they had finished with the food and the drinks, will quickly collected the fairy lights and the baskets and the blanket. He then walked nick back to her house. On the way back they talked about old Bullwinkle and Rocky cartoons and they laughed the whole way there.

When they reached nick's door, will placed a kiss on her forehead and said "goodbye nick, we should do this again sometime. I really did miss you, you know." After that nick watched will walk away and then headed inside wobbling giddily. She was smiling and blushing like crazy. Best day ever!

A/N - sorry it took me so long to write some more of this story. My phone decided to stop working and I couldn't turn it on. I git it fixed so hopefully I should be posting more frequently now. Also sorry this chapter is a bit short but it has a lot of Will and nick content so I hope you guys like it! Also like last time please comment any suggestions and I will try to add them to the story. It most likely won't be added straight away but it will eventually.

(937 words)