Spring the Season of Rebirth

It was a beautiful Saturday in April, since Christmas things have progressed well for Edd and Marie. Marie moved in with Edd, and life in the Cul DeSac was peaceful. Everyone had gathered over at Eddy's house for a cookout. Eddy and Ed were standing by the grill talking and enjoying a couple of beers while Double D and Marie played with Eddie. May and Lee were in the kitchen getting some side dishes ready and talking.

"What are you saying May? You got one in the oven?" Lee was a bit shocked at the news.

"I don't know for sure yet. All I know is I'm late and I've started putting on a little weight." May seemed a bit scared.

"How late?"

May paused and thought, "Something like three months."

"Three Months!"

May put her hand over Lee's mouth, "Shhh! I don't want everyone to know until I'm sure."

Lee grabbed May by the hand, "Come with me." She lead May into the bathroom and fumbled around in a cabinet. "Here." She handed May a pregnancy test. "I thought I might have been knocked up again a few months back and only needed the one test. Use this and meet me in the kitchen."

Lee left May in the bathroom. May read the directions for the test carefully and sat down to use the test. She replaced the cap and looked at her phone, "This is going to be a long 5 minutes." She sat the test down on the side of the bath tub and checked her phone anxiously. Finally she noticed the lines starting to develop on the test. It was a (+). May's mouth fell open. She picked up the test and walked out to the kitchen where Lee was still working on potato salad.

"Well what's the verdict?" Lee said nervously.

"I'm going to be a mommy." May began to cry from joy.

Lee walked up and hugged her sister. "You'll be a good mom, and I think big Ed will settle right in to being a daddy." Lee kissed her sister on the side of her head. "When are you gonna tell him?"

"I want to share this with everyone. After dinner I'm going to make an announcement."

"You sure you don't wanna make it private?"

"No you guys are all my family, I want to share it with everyone."

May and Lee hugged again and went back to preparing the food for the cook out.

Outside all of the Ed's were sitting together in lawn chairs now that the grilling was done. Eddy raised his beer up to toast his friends, "Woo, here's to the first BBQ of the year at Casa del Eddy!"

Ed and Double D both raised thier beers up and toasted thier friend. They took a drink in unison when Marie walked over with Eddie on her shoulders. She reached down and grabbed Double D's beer and took a drink for herself saying, "What you forget about me already dream boat? Girls like a drink too ya know?"

"I'm sorry dear, I assumed you were preoccupied with your nephew." Edd gave her a smile.

Marie lifted Eddie of of her shoulders, "Here go to daddy for a little bit, Auntie Marie needs some sugar." Marie sat the boy down next to Eddy and sat in Double D's lap.

Edd kissed Marie on the forehead, "Love you."

Marie grabbed Edd's cheeks and kissed him on the lips, "Love you more."

Ed grabbed another beer out of the cooler and handed it to Marie, "Here you go big sister Marie all icy and cold."

Marie handed Edd back his drink after nearly finishing it. "Ooo, fresh one." She twisted off the top and took a long drink."