𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬 & 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰𝐬

𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐫𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫                

                  𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐫𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫                

★ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐲'𝐬 𝐖𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬

* * * 𝘏𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘭 𝘍𝘪𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘎𝘦𝘯𝘳𝘦 𝘞𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳

★𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟗 𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐦𝐧 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬

* * * 𝘏𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘭 𝘍𝘪𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘎𝘦𝘯𝘳𝘦 𝘞𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳

★𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟗

* * * 𝙃𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙡 𝙁𝙞𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙁𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙋𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝙒𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙧

...Hopefully more to come in the future!

"ER Folsom's debut novel "One Brief Shining Moment" opens with a moving and poignant epigraph, quoting American Screenwriter Alan Jan Lenner

Don't let it be forgot, that once there was a spot, for one brief shining moment, that was known as Camelot.

This epigraph references the name given to the Kennedy administration during the 1960s, the Camelot era. And not only does it lend a hand to the name of this novel, but also sets the tone for the whirlwind historical fiction novel by Folsom, which follows the life of Elizabeth Bruce, an ambitious young woman who would become one of the many mistresses of American President John F Kennedy. As Elizabeth progresses into an illicit affair with the President, it becomes clear that this glamorous and perfect life she leads cannot be real, and throughout the novel, this beginning quote begins to make itself more and more clear. Like the play Camelot, from which the quote is borrowed, nothing in this fantasy world lasts forever. Folsom achieves this by employing a unique and exquisite style of writing, crafting both a range of dynamic characters as well as breathing life into the men of history. I have never read a work of fiction so focused on attention to detail, from the creation of characters to the accuracy of the historical events it encompasses.

The Brief Shining Moment has completely captured my attention and entranced me as a reader, and though it is unfinished, I believe it will be a truly fantastic novel and I encourage everyone to read it. To the author, thank you for what you have given us so far, please continue with this amazing story!"

- 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 reedallaboutit, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐅𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐉𝐮𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐄𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐲 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲 

"Ever wanted to take a step back in time? Well then this is the novel for you. One Brief Shining Moment, set in the summer of 1963 in the political jungle of Washington D.C, offers just that. The story is set through the eyes of young Elizabeth Bruce, a young woman living in the early 1960s who is decidedly not a lady. Elizabeth is determined to free herself of the trapping of a society family, that is until she catches the eye of the most powerful man in America: President John F Kennedy. Suddenly she has a vast world of power at her fingertips, but with that power comes danger too. Through detailed description and gripping dialogue, readers are transported back in time and given a glimpse into the wonders and dangers of meddling in the political society of America. The amount of attention to detail in this novel is astounding, and thought it is not finished, I for one will be continuing to read it.

So if you're a fan of decades fiction, and love a good old fashioned forbidden love story, this novel should absolutely be on your list!"

-From theseasonscommunity, The Admins and Judges for the 2019 Autumn Awards