Chapter Two | Breakfast

One Year Ago.

The first snow drifted in the air, dusting an industrial city. Atop the roof of an apartment building, two villains observed their surroundings. In the distance, blue and red lights flashed at the bridge's entrance. A warning was blaring over and over again on radio frequencies. Civilians were to stay indoors due to weather conditions. Anyone with half a brain knew better. A little snow like this was no reason for law enforcement to close off city exists.

"This doesn't fair well for you and your partner, warlock." Beau said, "You'd fair much better if you accepted my offer."

"We don't mind doing work for you when you need it. You pay well, but you'd only weigh us down." Ryan replied.

"And how exactly do you plan to deal with this?" He responded, "They've locked down the entire city to find you."

Ryan glanced over his shoulder at the dark angel. "Hm, if you think one or two police barricades will stop us, you don't know us at all. I have to go. My ride's here."

He leaped off the building, landing in the middle of the deserted street below. Ryan stood still, unfazed by the roar of an engine zeroing in on his location. The front wheel of a motorcycle stopped an inch before his foot and he didn't bother to flinch. He placed his hand between the handlebars, leaning forward to steal a kiss from the driver.

"I hope you're in the mood." Ricky stated as they parted ways, "I was followed."

His partner smirked, "Hm, I could go for a threesome." Ryan took a step back. He cast a quick spell, calling forth a gaggle of glowing sprites. They shot out in every direction, searching around for their tag along. He groaned when he received their intel, "Deviant. Better off losing him before he calls in the other boy scouts."

Ryan jumped on the back of Ricky's bike. He took off like a speeding bullet. Shaking off their tailing hero was easier said than done. The sprites had continued to follow him. When he was within sight, Ryan snapped his fingers, causing the sprites to explode in a blinding burst of light. The hero slammed on his brakes, nearly swerving off. It wouldn't be enough to stop him, but it gave them a head start.

Ricky turned off towards the bridge. As quickly as he was able, Ryan cast a spell that created a ramp over the police cars. Bullets began showering down on them well before they even reached the barricade. Ricky retrieved a grenade from his belt, yanking the pin out with his teeth. He tossed it down to the boys in blue as they launched over the ramp. Through the smoke, a second motorcycle emerged, crashing down behind them.

Ryan sent out the same spell he'd just cast to help them over the other barricade. Instead of forming a ramp, his magic displaced in a hundred different directions, dissipating into the snowflakes. As they came closer, they saw another hero in front of them. Ricky screeched to a halt. He retrieved his staff, preparing to enter into combat with the two.

The shadow of an angel fell upon them. They glanced up to see Beau landing on one of the bridge's pillars. The two heroes who had boxed them in suddenly lost their concentration and grasped at their heads.

Beau's voice intruded on their minds, "I scrambled their thoughts. You should get out of here before they remember they were chasing you."

Ricky scoffed as he kicked the engine on. "Great. We're in Angel's debt now."

Ryan wrapped his arms around his partner's torso. "Yippee."

Present Day

Vinny was beginning to get the feeling that his new friend, Piggy, didn't like being in cell block four. When they were inside the cell block or even just discussing it, he was cold and short. Otherwise, he was a very kind and happy man. Vinny could only hope that this place doesn't drain him of his joy like that.