Toxic Ways

Tony was gone. Natasha was gone. Steve wasn't the same. We got everyone back, we thought everything would go back to normal. Thought that things would be the same as they were..before everything blipped. We couldn't of been more wrong. Everyone did their best to make sure Tony, Nat, and Steve were never forgotten and that their sacrifices weren't for nothing.

Everyone tried their best to work through their grief. Therapy, sports, exercise, etc. Some were healthy and normal ways to recover and recoup from everything... Others.. used more unhealthy ways to deal. For instance Peter Parker and Maxine Stark.

With the loss of her dad, and the loss of his idol, his mentor, his father figure. They both were in such denial of his death, they both were empty but never wanted to admit their grief and emptiness to themselves or anyone else. Instead of dealing with it like adults, they dealt with it like the childish hormonal teenagers they are. So unhealthy.

It definitely didn't help having to repeat the semester, and now having kids that were younger then them now I the same grade or older than them. All thanks to the blip and the school board. But they had to put their angry and frustration on hold because they were going on vacation. Midtown High's European trip was just around the corner.

"Mom!" I yelled from my room, "have you seen my sunglasses?" I continue to search my room for my sunglasses as my suitcase sat somewhat packed near the edge of my bed.

Pepper comes in holding my sunglasses and clears her throat. "You mean these?" She lightly laughs. I smile and laugh and take them from her hand.

"Thanks." I say setting them by my bag that I'm going to keep with me on the plane. It has a blanket, my chapstick, and a picture of everyone. Peter, Me, Rocket, Scott, Hope, Wanda, etc. Well everyone except Tony, Nat, and Steve. It's stupid, but after everything we all just kind of felt that we needed a picture together. As a way to have a token of our time together, incase something else happened.

"So you almost all packed?" Pep asked sitting on my bed.

"Uh, I think so." I continue to pack clothes into my suitcase. Pep look around at my stuff scattered on my bed and spots the photo, and picks it up off my blanket. I turned around to see her holding it and scanning over everyone's face. "I miss em."

"I miss them too."

"I mean there is always going to be trouble, but do you think we'll all be together again?"

"Probably not baby." She answers honestly.

"Oh, yeah. You're probably right." We both were silent for a while. "Well I uh should get to packing." I say hoping she gets the hint.

"Okay, well I guess I'll leave you to it, but once you're done you should rest. You look like you haven't slept in days, you got tinted bags under your eyes." She says kissing my head before walking out.

"Okay, will do." I walk behind her and quietly shut the door. I knew exactly what she was talking about. Every since the funeral I just never really slept right, felt good or happy. All I really felt was pain and was really depressed. I was at my friend's house like a week or so ago and my friend told me he noticed I was distant and not really there.

He gave me Fentanyl, I told him I didn't do that shit and didn't want anything to do with it. He told me that it was make me feel extremely happy, but he said if I didn't want it he wasn't going to force it on to me. Before I left I asked him for some, he told me that I should definitely not take a lot or even a whole pill.

And ever since then, if I started feeling even the slightest bit depressed I cut a small piece off and downed it with some water. Therefore the tinted bags under my eyes and sleep deprivation. I walked over to my dresser and opened my underwear drawer and pull out a baggie, and take out the rest of a pill that was already cut and place it on my tongue.

I packed a little more before I gave up for a bit, probably about 20 minutes after I took the pill. I went downstairs to find Morgan, since I was feeling better, happier, I decided I see if she wanted to play since she always does. I find her in the kitchen rooting around for snacks.

"What do you think your doing?!" I say after sneaking up behind her and grabbing her. She jumped and screamed as she turned around.

"That was mean Max!" She slapped my arm. I just laughed.

"Wanna go play?" I ask, and her grumpy expression turned into a big smile. "Race ya!" I yell running towards the front door, trying to get Morgan to run after me. Which she does, I open the door as I'm focused on Morgan. As soon as I turn my head back ahead I've already tan into Peter and knock him and myself onto the ground.

I lay on top on him, a bit starddled as to how fast everything happened. "Peter!" Morgan yelled running over to him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't see you. I was racing Morgan outside to play."

"I was about to ring the doorbell, but ya know then you tackled me." We both laughed awkwardly, so I got up and then helped him up as well. Things between me and Peter have been pretty...dull after everything happened.

"Are you okay?" He asked when he stood up and looked at my face. I guess my pupils were dialated.

"Yeah I'm fine." I rushed out. "Why don't you play with Morgan I actually still have some packing to do." I say quickly and rush back inside. I grab the small baggie of fentanyl out of drawer and place it under my mattress so he can't find it. Little did I know he was in the doorway and saw me room the hiding spot.

"What's that?" Peter asks standing in the doorway of my room, clearly seeing I grabbed and hid something.

"It's nothing." I say stepping in front of my bed where I put it.

"Well let me see then." He pried.

"Honestly Peter just fuck off. It really has nothing to do with you." Peter makes his way to my bed, and I stand my ground as best as possible, but he eventually shoves me outta the way. He reaches under my mattress as I try to shove him away and fight him off, but he had already grabbed the small baggie.

"Drugs!? Really!?" He says angry. "And what is that? Fentanyl?" He asks looking at it again. "I can't believe you." He says storming put of my room.

"Peter!? Peter where're you going!?" I asked panicked following him.

"Doing what needs to be done." He said heading to the bathroom.

"Peter, wait don't-!" But he had already flushed them before I could finish my sentence. "What the fuck!?" I slap his arms a couple of times, angrily. "You had no right!" I holler.

"No right to what? Help you before you killed yourself with them!? You're right my bad, I'm so sorry I care for you and don't wanna see you dead just like-" he stopped me sentence and we both just froze.

Neither of us said anything. I turned around and walked back to my room slamming the door. It was a few minutes before I heard a almost silent knock and my door open slowly. "I'm sorry." Peter whispered.

"Just please drop it." I say laying down on my bed. Peter climbed on my bed and laid down next to me. We both turn our faces so we're facing each other. "Please don't tell Pep."

"It'll be our secret." He says a slightly smiles. "Only as long as a you promise never to do it again." He says as he tucks a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Promise." I smile. A silent pause stayed between for a it as we just stared at each other. "Wanna help me finish packing?"

"I guess, but then you better help me with mine!" We both laugh and sit up.

"Fine. I guess, just help me."