Chapter 5

As the Guard decided to go to sleep for the night,  Fuli stopped them, telling them that there were people she'd like them to meet.  The rest of the Guard followed her to her family's den, and on the way, Fuli told them about what happened to her parents in the river in the Pride Lands, and introduced her parents and Haraka to the Guard.

"Makini," Fuli said, "do you think you can make some kind of pad covers for my mom?  She injured her pads on her way here, and can't walk."

"Of course I can!" Makini said, as excited as usual. "I might make some pad covers for all of us, after all, you never know when we might get hurt and need protection and healing."

"Asante." Fuli said. "I really appreciate that."

"Anything for a member of the Guard."  Makini said, getting to work on the pad covers right away as the rest of the Guard walked back to their dens for the night.  Rani let the whole Guard stay at the Tree of Life for the night before they went back to the Pride Lands.

     Fuli was having trouble sleeping, so she decided to go for a walk to clear her mind, but on her walk, she bumped into Kion, "Sorry," she said, "what are you doing out her so late?

"I could ask you the same thing."  Kion said as he gestured with his tail for her to sit beside him on the ledge. "Here, come sit beside me.  The view's great up here."

"You're right, the view here's amazing." Fuli said. "I couldn't sleep, so I decided to go for a walk to clear my mind."

"I had the same problem, so I decided to go for a walk and I found this spot here."  Kion explained. "What did you want to tell me before Makucha attacked?"

"Oh," Fuli said, "it's nothing."

"Ok." Kion said, seeing that Fuli was hiding something.  With nothing else to talk about, the two felines silently sat beside each other for a while, their tails intertwining subconsciously.  

"It sure is a nice view up here, isn't it?" Fuli said, then noticed that her tail was intertwined with Kion's and immediately pulled her tail away, embarrassed of how close she got to Kion, and Kion was feeling the same way. "I'm probably just gonna go back now," Fuli said nervously

"Same here," Kion said, as nervous as Fuli, and they walked back, instead of being in a comfortable silence, they were in an awkward silence as they walked back to their dens.