three

simon's pov.
i was the first person at the bus stop this morning. i had my headphones in and my eyes closed. someone tapped my shoulder and i nearly fell over in shock. i opened my eyes to see harry laughing.
"what are you listening to?" he asked.
i handed him an ear bud.
"so you're a post malone fan?"
i nodded "i love him,"
harry started to sing along to sunflower by post malone.

Then you're left in the dust
Unless I stuck by ya
You're a sunflower
I think your love would be too much
Or you'll be left in the dust
Unless I stuck by ya
You're the sunflower

i laughed as he attempted to sing. he then started dancing around, the ear bud falling out of his ear. we gained a few weird stares off everyone who had arrived. harry and his friends were popular, why would he want to be seen with me.

my thoughts were interrupted by preston and lachlan.
"hey si!" lachlan said.
"si?" preston laughed.
"yeah! we need nicknames," lachlan protested.
"ok lachy," i said.
"what about preston?" lachlan said.
"hmmm.... pressy," lachlan continued.
"no! i hate it," he exclaimed.
"pressy it is," i smirked.

"i'm going to football practice today," i said. the bus was slowly filing up. right now it was lachlan, preston, mitch, jerome and i. vikk sat with harry's group but he rotates everyday.
mitch raised his eyebrows. "really? they're all popular jocks," he said.
i feel like they all misjudge harry and his friends. so far i know vikk, harry, ethan and tobi and they're all down to earth.
"well i'm going to make the nerds proud!" i said earning a playful slap from jerome.
"we're not nerds... i think," he said sounding unsure. although i think we are nerds. lachlan and preston invited me to play minecraft with everyone after football practice. obviously i agreed, i'm a bit of a noob at minecraft but i'm a fast learner.

i walked through the crowded hallway alongside preston. preston and lachlan are the only ones who know about my anxiety when it comes to school. i haven't told them why, but someday i will. we parted ways as i stopped at my french classroom. class was about to begin so i walked in and sat at my desk. i was on a desk with the boy from the principal's office, a girl called freya and a boy called will.
today we were doing partner work, the sound of it already made me anxious. my hands were shaking on my lap and my eyes were fixed on the table. the teacher explained that we had to compare our homework and correct it. it had been a few minutes and i noticed that no one on my desk was following order.

"hey, uh- olajide, could i see your homework?" i asked.
on cue will and olajide began to laugh. why does this sort of stuff only happen to me.
"you think i do homework?" he laughed.
"i'm going to have to tell harry that his little friend here is a bit stupid," olajide said to will.
"jj, knock it off. harry can be friends with who he wants," freya said.
"yeah you're right freya," josh said from the table beside us. josh seemed quite but nice at the same time.
i thanked her and she smiled at me and handed me her homework.
"you may have harry fooled, but everyone moves school for a reason," olajide said, earning a slap from freya.
there it was "everyone moves school for a reason." i could lie and say that it was because of my dads job, or say that my family lived in london but what was the point.

i had biology with tobi again, so i decided to ask him about jj. all he said was;
"jj is quick to judge people bro, i'm sorry but i know that he'll come around. you're a great guy after all," i smiled at his kindness.
"thank you tobs," i said.
"so harry and ethan told me you'll be coming to football training?" he asked.
"yeah! i love playing football,"
"well then i'm excited to play alongside you,"

later on in the day i had maths. it wasn't the worst class, i liked mr jones and all but i am terrible at maths. i sit beside a girl called talia, from talking to her i discovered that freya and josh are infact together. i also learned that her favourite subject is music and she writes her own songs. she was fun to talk to and kind, similar to freya.

school had ended and i made my way towards
the field.
"simon!" harry said smiling his smile made me feel warm, although i wouldn't admit it.
"hey," i said approaching my friend.
i noticed a few others scattered around the field. all of harry's friends were here except for vikk. i noticed that will, steven, manny, chris and a few others were also on the team.

"hello everybody, i see that we have someone new here wanting to try out?" the coach said looking in my direction.
"hi coach, i'm simon,"
"well simon, you can call me coach davis. you can also go and start doing warm up drills with the boys," he said.
the warm up drills consisted of dribbling around cones, trying to hit targets in the goal and doing exercises. once we were finished, coach davis announced that we would be playing a game. he picked both jj and i to be captains.
"simon, you can have first pick," he said.

"harry,"
"chris,"
"tobi,"
"freezy,"
"ethan,"
"josh,"
"spencer,"
"manny,"
"hugh,"
"steven,"
"jamie,"
"ali,"
(bold is who harry picked, italics is who jj picked.)

it was half time now, the game going well for me. i was the striker, as usual. jj was defending me, being overly aggressive at times but what did i expect. the whistle blew and we ran back out. my team were in bibs and jj's were in jerseys. harry broke out from the defense and ran up the right wing. he distracted jj and crossed the ball in towards me. this was my opportunity. the ball came flying towards me. it was now or never. i quickly volleyed the ball. i watched it go towards the goal and into the back of the net. my team cheered along with coach davis.

the match ended 2-0, with a goal from harry that i assisted in the last five minutes. we walked over to the bleachers and took off our bibs.
"you really are something," harry said smirking at me. there it was. that smirk.

"newbie, you were amazing out there!" coach davis said.
"we let everyone who try's out join the team, but you're special," he continued.
i thanked him and made my way to the changing room alongside tobi.
"you're really talented man," tobi said.
"and you've got pace," i replied.
tobi smiled and opened the door for me. i noticed jj glaring at me in the changing room.
"what's his problem?" i heard harry saying to josh, sounding annoyed.
"he's just opinionated harry, leave him off," josh and jj were clearly very good friends.

i walked out of the changing room to be greeted by harry.
"simon, do you need a spin home?" he asked shyly.
"that would be great!" it was nice of him to offer.

we got into harry's mum's car alongside ethan.
"hi haz, how was practice?" she asked sweetly.
"great mum! this is simon," he said pointing towards me.
"oh harry's told me so much about you!" she said smiling.
harry went red "uh no i haven't,"
"hi mrs lewis," ethan said happily.
"hi ethan, i haven't seen you in ages!" she replied.

harry decided to put on some post malone and for the second time today, we all sang along.

harry's mum stopped at ethan's house letting him out. we then neared my house. "here," harry said as we reached my house.
"see you tomorrow simon," harry said looking back at me.
"bye harry, it was lovely meeting you mrs lewis," i said closing the car door.

it was 11:00 and i had just finished playing minecraft. i got into bed and my phone went off.

snapchat from harry.

harry: would you like to hang out on friday after school?
me: yeah i'd love to :)
harry: perfect, good night
me: good night :P

A/N: i hope you're enjoying this book. i have lots of ideas for it and i'm enjoying writing it. as i said i don't want it to move too quickly so i'll throw in a few obstacles. and there will be more character development on other characters. please favourite if you enjoyed. <3