Met You at the Diagon Alley: Part 1 (Ziam)

So, this is one of the four Liam's B-day updates! Enjoy it! @FNPayne95 thanks for this great plot, now I can be considered an HP fan

It was a freezing January night, when the Malik family was blessed with a second child: a tiny tan-skinned baby with sparkling hazel eyes and long black eyelashes. Well-known wizards from all over the world gathered together to celebrate his birth. The huge mansion was filled with them, as Trisha walked around with the newborn held securely in her arms. Yaser was watching them from his spot, resembling a proud lion following his cub's movements. The pure-blooded man was sitting authoritatively, while other wizards hurried to congratulate him. Trisha was surrounded too. Her friends and relatives were trying their bests to see the boy's face through the white silky blanket.

- He's such a sweet boy.

- What a cutie!

- Look at these eyes.

But mixed with these coos there was a cold female voice.

- Oh, my dear Trisha. Why did he have to be a January-born? You know what the myth states, don't you?

Trisha averted her attention to the middle-aged witch.

- A boy born in the first half of January is to have a muggle as his partner. Good luck with that.

The boy's mother looked at Yaser over her shoulder, relieved to see that he didn't hear anything. The man was still sitting proudly, unaware of his son's fate. All Trisha could do was hoping that she would manage to fight against the fate, as Yaser and their whole family, herself included, would never accept a poor muggle-born in their house. They never even talked to those, too respected and aristocrat to notice the worthless humans.

     It was eleven and a half years later, when the young boy, Zayn, was sent to Hogwarts in order to follow his parents' steps

It was eleven and a half years later, when the young boy, Zayn, was sent to Hogwarts in order to follow his parents' steps. He quietly stood with the other kids, waiting patiently for his name to be announced. He waited and waited, looking around the new students joining their houses. And solid thirty minutes later, Professor McGonagall called his name loudly. The rest of the professors, alongside with Albus Dumbledore, straightened up and gazed at the young boy attentively. The kid's parents and ancestors were a few of the most famous and memorable graduates, whose portraits still complemented the dark stone walls of the wizardry school.

Zayn gulped and walked up to the stage. Professor McGonagall smiled at him gently and nodded to the chair. He sighed and sat down, trying to concentrate on something other than the entire hall staring at him. The Sorting Hat was put on his head, stirring and leaning forward to see his small face.

- Hmm, another Malik, huh? The legends of House Slytherin. I still remember sending your sister, parents, and their own parents to that table. You are a smart child, Zayn. An unspeakable amount of strength and power is hidden in your body. Your mind is capable of fantastic things. And yet, there is something else there. Something new... Kindness. You're not the exact copy of your family, Zayn. What should I do with you? Send you to the Slytherins or not? Hmmm... What if I experiment a little? Risk the traditions? Add new spices to your household?... Zayn, your folk will be surprised but I'm going to do that anyways. GRYFFINDOR!