Chapter 5

*One Minute More - Capital Cities*

*DAY BEFORE GRADUATION*

*PROCRASTINATION QUEEN'S POV*

I decided to head upstate to the Avengers HQ with Peter and Miles to see how much better Miles has gotten. He only has a week, or so, left with Peter being here.

"Okay Miles, use the trees to swing yourself from this tree right here." Peter pats the tree that's next to him. "To the tree with the purple paint." He points to a big oak tree far off into the distance.

Miles takes a deep breath.

"You got this bud. We've been working on this for weeks. Just focus. Take the leap of faith. Get to the other side."

Dang Peter you're good at this pep talk thing.

"LET'S GO MILES! YOU GOT THIS!!" I cheer and cause Miles to smile.

"Now get up there. Start when you're ready."

Miles begins to climb up the tree to a sturdy ledge. He looks down and then forward then back at Peter. "You got this Miles! Whenever you're ready!" Peter calls to Miles.

I see Miles take a deep breath and shake his wrists.

You got this...

He jumps. "WOOOO!" He yells as he thwips his web at a tree that was a little bit in front of him.

"He's doing it." Peter looks up at the swinging Tarzan in the trees.

I wrap my arm around him and lay my head on his shoulder. "And it's all because of you."

Peter looks at me and smiles. He begins to lean in and then I see that Miles has reached the end. "MILES!! YOU DID IT!!!!" I jump up and down and cheer.

"Wow..." Peter scoffs playfully.

"I DID IT!! HOLY CRAP!!! I DID IT!!" Miles jumps up and down out of excitement.

"MILES DON'T!!! YOU'RE GO-" As if on a cue, Miles slips and falls out of the tree. Thankfully a branch below him caught him...but then it didn't. Miles falls off that branch to the one under that one. "Shit.." Peter rushes over to the tree and I chase after him.

We get there and Miles is hanging around the branch like a sloth whose life just flashed before his eyes. "You good buddy?" Peter calls.

"Yeah- I'm good...I'm good, just- need a minute."

I chuckle to myself and my phone rings.

*Incoming Call, Kenz*

Peter looks at me confused and I mouth Kenzie as I answer the phone.

"Heyo, what's up?"

"Have you gotten your outfit for tomorrow yet??"

Tomorrow...what's tomorrow- FUCK-

"So, the funniest thing happened..."

"Get to my house ASAP. I'll hook you up with something. You are not wearing a shirt and jeans to graduation."

"Kenzie, I have dresses you know?"

"No, those won't do."

"Ugh, gotta leave it up to you to make me look amazing?"

"And you're welcome for that. So, see you as soon as possible."

"Yeah, I'll just stay over there. Daniel is having Miles over tonight anyways."