Nightmare

This is sad as shit I am sorry

Trigger warning; implied past sexual abuse, past character death(s), and referenced past child abuse.

Compliant with endgame and spoilers for far from home

Not beta read
—————

One simple mistake led him here.

He forgot to cast a protection spell on himself before falling asleep.

A sick grin made its way onto Nightmares face as he pulled Stephens subconscious into his realm.

—————

There was an uncomfortable tugging at the back of his mind, his already muddled thoughts turning more confusing. When he looked up at the sky it looked far from real, it was splotchy and there was no distinguishable weather pattern. Lightning and rain, what looked to be a snow storm off in the distance, a clear sunny day, an orange sky.

wrongwrongwrong-

The stormy clouds are now over him, and his clothes are soaked by the downpour but it's not the rain that's making him feel cold.

There's an emptiness in his chest that causes him to freeze up, a chill running down his spine.

The feeling of strong hands crawl around his waist and on his face.

When he spins around he finds his late father sitting sitting slouched in a chair a few feet away, glaring.

His eyes aren't the blue grey he was used to seeing, instead the shone a sickly green and glinted unnaturally.

wrongwrong- somethings wrong-

"So noisy, Stephen. I taught you better than that." His father lunges forward and there's a ringing in his ears as he shuts his eyes tight.

Sound resonates around him.

(It's him. He's screaming.)

—————

Nightmare toyed around with the memory of Stephens late father, deathly white fingers running across Stephens waist, mimicking the bruises, the touches.

He laughed.

—————

This time the sky is pitch black, there's a thick layer of dust surrounding him. It's so hard to breathe.

There's a voice.

It's so quiet yet so loud.

"And I...am..." there's a bout of pain filled silence.

nononono- not again not again-

"Ironman."

A snap echos around him and his throat burns from screaming. He runs, desperately trying to find Tony.

Find him find him. Please I have to save him!

He trips, landing painfully on his side. When he looks up he finds- oh god please no.

Tonys half charred body is standing over him, the infinity stones still glowing bright, mocking him. He can smell the burning skin and he bites back a gag.

"You killed me Stephen." He hisses. "You took me away from my family."

He looks into Tonys eyes and something clicks.