Leaving

Javion (Jay)

"Hello" I heard her soft voice speak through the phone

"Cartier" I could hear her breathing but she didn't say anything I knew she knew it was me.

"Don't call me again." And she hung up.

"FUCKK!" I yelled throwing my phone across the room into the wall. I finally was able to get Cartier number after six months.

I feel like shit after everything that happened. I can't believe I did that to my baby girl now she dead and gone and I'll never see her again because of my actions. I haven't been the same since that day I ruined my life. My daughter Jayla was everything to me but I fucked up I made a mistake that I have to live with for the rest of my life.

"Baby what's wrong?" My new girlfriend Sade ask coming in our bed room. After the day everything happened I called the ambulance and told them someone broke in the house and killed Jayla and Cartier. I thought I had killed Cartier too because of how bad I beat her. But I had found out she was in a coma and now I heard she out the hospital. I left and moved to New York after everything happened. I needed a fresh start I couldn't stay in Miami.

"Nothing baby I'm good." I wasn't about to tell her shit.

"You sure?"

"Didn't I just fucking say I'm good get the fuck away from me." She jumped from me screaming.

"I was just making sure your okay don't fucking get upset with me." I looked at her because I don't know if she lost her mind but she can't be talking back to me.

"Bitch what you just say?" I jumped up and grabbed her and pushed her against the wall.

"Nothing baby nothing" she looked so scared.

"Don't play with me Sade I'm warning you now."

"I'm sorry Jay" She had tears in her eyes. I let her go she walked out the room crying.

Cartier (Chase)

"Kenny" I whined

"Kenny" I whined. It's been a week since Jay called me. Kenny got me a new phone and a new number thank goodness.

"What girl go to damn sleep I'm tired as hell." I laughed he is so moody when he sleepy as usual I can't sleep.

"Can we smoke so I can go to sleep. I can't sleep again tonight can I sleep in here." He sighed he threw the covers off of him.

"I swear you lucky you my best friend and I love you otherwise I would of kick yo ass out my room. Your ass rolling the weed up." I giggled he call himself being mad.

"I love you best friend." I jumped on him when he got up and kissed him on his cheek.

"You better love me and I want breakfast tomorrow because you woke me up." I laughed at him.

"Okay greedy. Now can we smoke I wanna sleep tonight." He went in his drawer and threw the weed and wrap at me. I rolled up and lit the blunt.

"I want to go back home Kenny."

"What you mean?" He looked at me.

"I want to go back home with my dad in California."

"But your uncles there. Do you really want to see him.?"

"I'm tired of being weak I'm tired of letting guys run over me. See I hate them now I don't love them anymore so I want to kill them. I was never this weak until they made me like this. If I don't love them then they can't hurt me I will never love again. Jay took everything from me my daughter my mini me my twin. Jay knew everything I went through with my uncle besides you. He said he would never treat me like that and what do Jay go do he put me through worst."

"But Cartier I don't want you getting hurt if you see him old feelings my come back and you can get hurt."

"Kenny I promise when I say I will never love again I mean it. Your the only one I have left besides my parents you never hurt me. You've been by my side since I've been practically born. I couldn't ask for a better friend. I wish I met someone like you I wish I fell in love with someone like you. Your nice and kind, funny and caring, honest and always makes sure the person is happy. I'm glad your my best friend and I'm thankful for your help but I can't be weak no more. I'm going home."

"Well what's going to happen Cartier when you see him I'm worried about you. I can't lose you again. I hate seeing you hurt like this knowing it's nothing I can really do to help you besides being your friend."

"I'm going to train and I'm going to train hard. No man will ever hurt me again because I won't love them anymore. I won't love anymore because loving is what got me hurt. Love is what made me think having sex with your uncle at fifteen was okay. Love is what made me do coke and pop pills at fifteen. Love is what got me pregnant by sixteen and love is the reason the baby was beat out of me at sixteen. Love made me go back to my uncle after everything just for him to treat me like trash and a slut. I was disgusted with myself and still is. Love made me leave my father and move in with Jay. Love made me stay after being in the hospital with broken bones and bruises oh let me not forget black eyes. Love made me stay after he cheated twice. Love made me stay until it was to late and love is what got my daughter killed. I will never love again I'll rather die."

"Well I love you best friend I'll never hurt you. I want you to be happy and I miss when you were happy. I miss being goofy with you I miss the old Cartier."

"I will get her back if you just let me go home. I have to do this for me. I have to find myself again so I can be better. I love you Kenny I'm glad your in my life I will come back once I'm better I promise."

"How will I protect you if you all the way in California and I'm in Miami?"

"Kenny I'm going to be fine I'm promise."

"You promise I don't want nothing happening to you."

"I'll be fine Kenny." I hugged him I'm going to miss him.

"I'm going to be lonely without you Cartier." I laughed.

"You need a girlfriend Kenny."

"Hell no they headaches and I ain't got time for that shit." I busted out laughing.

"Find a good girl she won't be a headache stop messing with these broke ass hoes."

"I'm good being single."

"Me too Kenny. I'm going to miss you Kenny." I whined.

"I'm going to miss you too Cartier. You better call me everyday I will be pissed if you don't call me at-least once a week I'm not playing I need to make sure your okay."

"I will I will call you."

"Can you make me breakfast before you leave because knowing you your gonna leave when I'm sleep so you don't have to say goodbye."

"I will make your favorite chocolate chip pancakes with cheesy eggs and bacon and grits with a bowl of fresh fruit."

"I'm definitely going to miss you."

"Your going to miss me cooking."

"That too." We both busted out laughing. After we smoked two blunts I was getting sleepy we watched Netflix till we fell asleep.