01. the freebody twins

Frankie Tamsem. The popular boy. The boy who has the perfect family. The boy invited to all the parties. The boy who has everyone wrapped around his little finger.

I especially should know. I am Frankie Tamsem. I know, I'm a cocky popular boy. If that doesn't tick off all the main boxes for people to hate me, I don't know what will.

I'm the sort of person with one of those "perfect families". My dad, my mum, me and my little sister.

My sister, Maya, has lately been obsessed with all these stupid romcom movies (despite the fact that she's only thirteen) and during each one, I have to point out the fact that the guy would've probably tried to get freaky with the girl within the first fifteen minutes of the movie if it was set in real life.

Of course, this displeases Maya as she has the most freakishly precise description of her perfect boy and the fact that I tell her he will try to bed her as soon as possible makes her want to slap me round the face. And Maya being Maya, gets what she wants.

If life was like one of Maya's stupid romcom movies then I would've surely got the girl by now. But it's not. And instead I've got a girl in my class who's been obsessed with me since year two.

Thus leading me to introduce you to June Freebody. If you didn't know her from her weird behaviour, then you'd know her because of her twin. And that's where Charlee Freebody enters the picture.

Unlike June's straight brown hair, Charlee has pretty, wavy blonde hair. Both of them share shocking green eyes but that is where the similarities end.

Charlee is much paler and taller than June so much so that it makes them being twins questionable. Of course it is impossible to deny that both twins are at the same rate of beauty. Charlee is clearly the prettier twin, whether that be her wider hips and larger bust or the fact that her personality shines in a room whereas June's makes you want to hide under a rock and never come out.

At least, that's my experience with the twins. Does that make the bad guy for rating the twins and choosing a more appealing one? No. It's merely my opinion based on my judgement. Everyone does it and for some reason when someone says it out loud, people tend to get offended.

Thick skinned is what my mum calls me sometimes. Or rather most of the time.

However, although I have my opinions on the twins I rarely do have contact with them. June because I grow tired of her infatuation with me and Charlee because she simply hears of me twenty four, seven from her sister and does not wish to spend anymore time listening about me.

Thankfully, it's my last year in high school this year. No more little sister giving me disapproving looks when she sees me in the corridors with my mates. No more infatuated June. No more having to deal with people I've known for eleven years of my life.

GCSEs are round the corner, which also means prom is too. The lads and I enjoy laughing at the girls who spend 500 quid on a dress that isn't even flattering on them and the girls who over do their makeup.

My advice for makeup is enough to conceal any imperfections maybe some contour and highlight (lipstick if you're going all out) and a bit of false lashes and mascara. None of that eyeshadow shit. That's where things start to get ugly.

I presume that's me being thick skinned again. Or rather just plain rude, telling girls what they should and shouldn't do. Of course, guys who are "totally not shallow" like to say that girls don't need makeup. I mean come on. A bit of makeup never hurt anyone.