U.M.G (P.7)

Keith

I sat outside during lunch for the third week in a row. I miss Harmony, shits been messing with me. Her dads a real ass hater. Put my baby on punishment. "Hey Keith..." I heard from behind me. "Hey Montè." I said. She sat beside me. "Everyone was wondering where you were." She said. "In my own world. But you found me." I said. "She's really gone huh?" Montè asked. "Yeah, fucking Paterson, New Jersey." I said shaking my head.

"Yeah...her mom said she's grounded for two months." Montè said. "How you know?" I asked. "We're cousins." She smiled. "Forreal?!" I asked. Harmony never told me that. "Yeah her dad is my moms first cousin, apparently we were really cool before she moved away." Montè said. They look nothing alike though. "Y'all don't even look slightly related." I said. "That's what Harmony and I were saying but whatever..." she shrugged.

"I'm sure you wanna be alone. I'm here if you wanna talk." Montè said before getting up. "Wait!..." I sighed. "We haven't talked in a while..." I said getting up to follow her inside. "You've been busy, I've been busy. But I have missed your company." She said. I've been spending so much time with Harmony, she's literally all that my world has involved for a while. I haven't really been hanging out with my friends. "Yeah, I missed you too lil bit." I said giving her a side hug.

"Oh shit. He back from the dead." My friend Rodney said. I shook my head and the fool, "I ain't been dead, just catering to my woman." I said. "Forgot all about us. We ain't got a pussy for you to play with." Michael said. "Watcha mouth." I said. "Please Keith ain't hit." Montè said laughing. "Have you Keith!" Dani asked. "I sure as hell have." I said smirking. "Ah shit nigga!" Rodney said dappin me up. "How was it?" Dante asked. "Shits dangerous. Had my fucking toes curling up and my eyes rolling back like a lil bitch." I said reminiscing. "Ew I don't wanna hear that." Montè and Dani said. I shrugged. "Damn hating." Michael said to Montè. "I'm not hating, that's my cousin." She said.

"Y'all look nothing alike. She's darker than you and thicker than a snicker." Michael said. "Tf since when have you been looking at my girl?" I asked him. "Shit since the first day of school. Nigga here it is almost the end of September. I just knew I had a chance." He said. "Nigga please and pigs knew they could fly. Get outta here with that." I said rolling my eyes.
_________

Harmony

I walked inside from another long ass day of school. "Hey baby." My mom said. I waved at her and began walking upstairs. "Come here! I wanna tell you something." She called after me. I sighed and walked back downstairs, "Yeah?" I said uninterested. "Come here sit down." She said. I laid my stuff on the steps and walked over to her completely ignoring my father. "Yes?" I asked sitting beside her. "So...I know you've been lonely for a while and that's our fault so we have a surprise." She said happily. Keith?! "What is it?" I asked excitedly. "I'm pregnant!" My mom said. I looked at her for a while, is she serious? You wait until your kid is almost grown to have another kid? Who the fuck? "Congrats..." I said. "That's it right?" I asked. "Are you not happy?" My mom asked.

Do I be honest or do I lie? "I mean it's beyond me. I really don't feel any kind of way." I said shrugging. "She's so damn disrespectful. I told you to just leave her with me. But no you had to take her, now look at her." My dad said to my mom. I held my tongue before I said some outta the neck ass shit. My mood lately has been so crazy and my tongue been even more dangerous.

I walked to my room with my stuff but I could still hear my dad talking out of his ass. I gotta calm down, I used to love that man to death but since he came back he's been so annoying and shitty. I don't even wanna be around him. Sis just go take a shower, you'll be fine after that. I grabbed some underwear and a oversized shirt.

"You let that little girl run you like you're not the mom!" I heard him yell at my mom. I dropped all my shit and walked downstairs. "Aye nigga! Don't be yelling at my mama like that! She  couldn't do much because she was so busy working her ass of for all the shit we had. You not coming here thinking you run anything as if you been here the entire time." I said, not knowing where this boldness just came from.

"Who the hell do you think you're talking to? I'm the dad and you're the fucking child. Stay in a child's place or you and your smart ass mouth can get out of my house." My dad said. "I don't care what your mom put up with but I'm not dealing with it." He said, getting in my face. "Y'all calm down. Really. Harmony go to your room. Baby you need to calm down." My mom said pushing me and my dad apart. "Where the hell is your backbone? Did it just all of a sudden disappear when he got back? I'm not understanding...He's sitting here yelling in your face like you're some little kid and you're not doing anything. You know what...whatever." I said before walking back to my room.

Can't save her, she don't wanna be saved. I grabbed all of my stuff and took a much needed shower. I inhaled the scent of my body wash as I lathered myself in it. I can tell I'm getting fat again. I have a pudge again. I'll just get another gym membership, maybe a personal trainer or something.

I stepped out of the shower and dried off. I start my first day of work tomorrow and I am so ready. I can start to save up for myself a car and a little apartment so that I can get the hell out of here. I put on my clothes and ordered myself some Chinese food, I'm hungry as hell. "Harmony..." my mom called from outside of my door. "Yeah?" I did my best to hide my annoyance. "Your doctor called and said we have to come into the office again. They want to do some tests for some reason. I told them we'll be in there in the morning. So you'll be going into school a bit late." She said. I shrugged, "Okay. Can you listen out for the door, I have food coming." I asked her. "You don't wanna cook dinner with me? We always cook together on Taco Tuesday." She said. I shook my head, "I'm not feeling tacos today." I said turning my tv to Cartoon Network since I couldn't find anything good on.

"Hey you finna cook?" I heard my dad ask her. "Not anymore, you go cook your own damn self something." She barked at him. I chuckled to myself and continued watching The Regular Show.
_________________
The next morning

I'm not understanding why this man had to come. I sat on the exam table and waited for the doctor to come back. I'm tired of them taking my blood and then making me piss in cups. What the hellos going on? They're gonna make me miss my English class. The only class I care about.

"Hello again Miss Harmony." Doctor Hue greeted. "Can I go now?" I asked not caring about her greetings. "Excuse her, she's been very moody lately." My mom said. "It's fine really. It's normal with kids this age. Also happy first of October." She said. "Almost Halloween, are you going trick or treating?" She asked me. I shrugged, "No." I said nonchalantly.

"Well I see you're really not in the mood, so let me get to the point. We are referring you to the hospital, go now, we called ahead for you to have an appointment." She said giving me some papers to give to the doctor at the hospital. "Is she okay?" My mom asked. "I'm trying to see but as we are a private practice it's only so much we can do. So it's best to go to the hospital to confirm or deny." Doctor Hue said.
____________

I sat in the car while my dad drove to the hospital. I decided to look through the papers to see why I'm wasting my time going to a hospital. My blood pressure levels are fine, my heart rate is good. I DID gain some weight, fat ass. My urine came back...positive for a pregnancy test?!
_________

TBC