Epilogue

Jared~

*2 years Later*

It was awfully hard to always be by myself. I wasn't quite sure if it was a good idea to be visiting her or not. It's not exactly like she had been nice to me over the past few years. Yeah, she had reasons as to why I wasn't as important to her as everything else, but I felt as if I needed to be cared about as well.

I walked up the concrete stairs and opened the door to the facility. I didn't really think that I would even be able to see her today, they had strict rules as to when you were allowed to see inmates, and I didn't really check to see when the hours where before I came here.

The lady at the front desk eyed me up and down and then decided I was dressed well enough for her to speak to, "May I help you?"

"I'm here to see Sasha Carson." I say firmly, attempting to seem intimidating, but by the way she looks at me, she doesn't seem too scared.

"Okay, you'll need to fill out this paper work and then we will take you back to see her." She hands me a clipboard full of mindless questions about the inmate.

"Okay then." I sit down and take my time to fill out the application. I can't tell if I'm stalling because I don't want to see my mother, or if I want to fill it out correctly so I can see her sooner.

I'm on the last question when my phone begins to ring. I quickly dig in my pocket for my phone and see that it's Diana. I haven't heard from her in over a year. I wonder what could have happened to her.

I quickly answer it in hopes to hear her comforting voice that I haven't heard in so long, "Diana?"

"Jared, this isn't Diana. This is Diana's father, Harrison." The male voice says, taking away my hope of it being Diana.

"Oh, Hello Mr. Evans. Is there a reason why you called me?" I speak hesitantly. He's never called me before.

". . .Las-t . . .Night, Diana was picking up Jessie from her babysitter and someone hit their car. D-diana was sent to the hospital, b-but . . .Jessie died instantly." I could hear his muffle sobs.

"Is Diana okay? Did she make it?" I said with tears brimming my eyes.

I heard his cries getting louder, "She lost too much blood and she's brain dead. She won't make it."

"Can you send me the address? I need to be there for her." I plead.

"Of course, please come."

"I'll be right there." I say, and hang up the phone.

How the hell could this happen to the love of my life? I should have called her more. I should have been there for her. Why the hell would someone crash into thier car? How is Diana's dad going to cope with his dead wife, dead daughter, and dead grand-daughter. The poor man.

I burst throught the doors of the place and go to my car, trying to get to any near by airport as fast as I can. I need to get on the next flight to texas. There is no way I can drive from Seattle to Texas in less than three hours.

****

Getting last minute tickets are insanely expensive. I never thought I would ever spend that money, but honestly, Diana's dad need me there and as fast as possible.

It takes about forty minutes to board the airplane and I'm appalled by how many baby's are on this plane. They just remind me of Diana. I lost her and I never was ablet to say goodbye. I was so dumb to think that I shouldn't have reached out to her first. It wasn't her job to communicate with me. I loved her, and I should have been more devoted to talk to her. All because of my stubborn quality that my mother transfered onto me, I would never get to hear Diana's voice again after all this time. She's gone, and so is her baby. Jessie. These babies remind me of the beautiful soul that I never was graced the presence of. I don't think I'll be able to look at another baby for a while. I don't want to be reminded of her. I don't think I'll even be able to look at another girl or fall in love with anyone else. Diana was it for me. Without her, I don't think I'll ever be able to live the same.