I'll Call Him Thriller

Jasmine hesitantly dragged along holding Michael's hand."It just doesn't feel right. I think we should turn around."

"It'll be alright. I promise." He assured her stopping amidst the tall wrought iron gates. "I'm sure, someone's inside and they could help us." Michael turned his head looking at his surroundings.

"Michael I really don't want to go." She winced jerking her hand out of his.

 He exhaled sharply. "If you really feel that adamant about it we can just go back to the car."he said half smiling at her as they left the gates. They had begun walking back towards the car. Jasmine was tired,hungry and sleepy and Michael just wanted her forgiveness. "You're still mad at me?"

"I don't want to be, Michael. But... Why would you keep something like this from me? I mean... You don't really owe me  an explanation. But... In a way you do." She  looked up at him as they walked slowly.

"Like I told you everyone I meet, seems to fear the other side of me."he breathed deeply exhaling out exhaustingly. "I really like you, Jasmine. It's been such a long time. I mean... I haven't had the courage since..." He winced. "I just really like you and I know I should've said something before now about what I am and how I feel."

"You should've."she stressed. " Is your  entire family wolves?" She looked straight ahead into the darkness as they passed a tall bush.

 "We are. Even my cousin Sabrina."he waited for her response not taking his eyes away from hers.

 "How does one live this way? In the movies they depict werewolves as beast. Is that the way you are? It seemed that way with Derrick tonight. "

"No."he laughed. "We're not that kind of pack. We try to maintain a low profile,but  sometimes it's unavoidable.We were summoned to leave the city we lived in before because of troubling circumstances. It's been three years and we've had no issues since being here. At least until tonight."  He exclaimed.

"But Derrick must know something. He seemed like he did."

 "His ex liked me.  I was her tutor before graduation and she kissed me. Somehow he found out and since then I try to avoid him so I won't make trouble for my family. "

 "I'm sorry.  I really hate this happened. I'm mad at you, but I don't want anything bad to happen to you or your family. "

 "I'll figure out something.  I don't regret tonight.  Derrick was putting someone I really like in harms way and I did what's right. I would never hurt anyone and cause death,but he needed a lesson."Michael explained opening the passenger door for her.

Jasmine wrapped the blanket he gave her around her body. She made herself as comfortable as she could under the circumstances. Silence was yet present again as they tried to keep warm. "If you come closer I think our body heat would make a difference.  I won't hurt you."Michael said.  Jasmine hesitated as she's done most of the night,but she moved closer leaning on his chest as his arms wrapped around her body. She wanted to ask him questions about his wolf side because her imagination was running miles in her mind.

"I have a question. Or would you be too ashamed to answer?"

Michael smiled holding her. "I'll answer Whatever you want to know. I want to be honest with you

"Does the wolf have a name? Because you refer to it when you speak of that side of you.

 "I call him  Thriller." He replied looking forward pulling in closer to keep her warm.

"That's a strange name,but... I don't know."she said breathing out thinking of her Nana. "I bet she's worried about me.

"Who's worried about you?." Michael asked curiously.