The Greatest Myth about Productivity

Would you like to know what the greatest myth about productivity is (and how it's holding you back)?

Here it is - that to be productive you need to do as much as possible, and more.

And by that mandate, if you are not doing a LOT of things, you are not really productive.

That's the common perception of productivity.

And it is absolutely, positively, and entirely...

False.

This is the biggest myth about productivity that has ever existed.

The lie that is behind the current belief of worthlessness that people feel when they have not done a hundred different things in a day.

The myth that causes a lot of stress, anxiety, and feelings of ineptitude.

So why is this belief about productivity false?

Because at the end of the day, it all comes down to impact.

If what you do has no impact, it makes no difference how many things you do or how many hours you have spent on it. If there is nothing to show for despite slaving away for many hours and doing numerous things, then what exactly did you accomplish? What was the point?

And that is unfortunately what this myth about productivity perpetuate.

To be productive, and I mean really truly productive, you need to radically alter your perception of productivity. You need to not just think differently, you need to completely flip it over. You need to completely rethink your beliefs about productivity.

Because productivity is NOT just about how many things you do.

With me so far?

Great, then you are ready to discover what true productivity is really about, which is where the next chapter comes in.