Pierce x Ava) I don't want to lose you

Pierce's pov.

I like her. I liked the human hostage. This wasn't supposed to happen, so why did it? Why did I have to fall in love with someone I would kill later on? As I slightly cursed my feelings, a hand reached out to me. The human hostage was very kind, asking me what was wrong.

However, I could not answer. I only nodded and made sure she didn't see any signs of weaknesses. Prince Asch started to demand her, on which the human girl simply rolled her eyes to. A person, an actual person that rolled eyes to the Prince Asch. It was a shocking sight to behold.

But I liked that about her. I liked when she was all sassy or when she was adorable. Why else would I continuously pat her head? But... These feelings won't stay here for long, as the human would die one day.

My heart ached thinking about that. That this human, who had taught us about the human world, was gonna die in vain.

The more time I had spent with her, the more I was unable to even lay a hand on her, the more weaker I got. My feelings were going crazy, so crazy it hurts.

I didn't want this, I didn't want this at all.

I didn't want to lose her.

With that thought, I forced myself to sleep. Tomorrow would be the same as ever, furthermore,  we would be learning about this strange device called the 'fone'. I heard the human say it was not something you could buy out of small pocket money, whatever that was.

Although the 'fone' didn't peek my interest, the face the human may show might. She had a lot of cute expressions, you could say she was pretty expressive. I smiled, thinking of what we would do tomorrow. Oh well, I should wait for it.

As my eyes opened the next day, I noticed someone hovering over me. I thought it might be Noi, but the dark long hair and pink cloth made me think otherwise.

Before I knew it, the human was on top of me. Her eyes looking down at me in worry. I heard Prince Asch talk in the background, but all I could do was stare at the human.

At that moment,
With those worried eyes,
I knew I couldn't bear the thought of losing her.