Bloom

"Minds are like flowers; they open only when the time is right."

Ziva watched as the clock slowly ticked away on the wall opposite of her desk. She had been back home for eight months now but it felt like a lot longer than that. Time always did seem to pass by slower here. But today it felt as if her shift had gone on and on. It was the second Saturday of the month which meant that Mrs. Greene and all of her prissy church crew were in the library having their prestigious monthly book club meeting after reading some terrible romance novel. The worst part was not their nasally voices letting out shrill screams every two minutes, but the fact that they expected Ziva to be their personal delivery girl all evening.

"Ziva, would you be a doll and go fetch us a few beignets from Isa's on down the way?"

"Ziva, will you be dear and go scoop up a gallon of Lemondade from Milos?"

Because those little evil women had such a huge pull around the small, southern town, Ziva couldn't do anything but smile and say "yes ma'am" after each of their requests. Even though she was literally on the job and the women could very well go fetch themselves their own food.

So, yes, Ziva was beyond ready to lock up and leave the library and currently she had 13 minutes until she could do so. Spinning around in circles in her swivel chair, she let out a huff of air and tried to push back one of her curls that had fallen into her direct line of sight. As she was doing so, her watch dinged to let her know that she had received a text.

Si Si The Greatest

whatcha doinnnn'
oh shit nvm I forgot you work tonight.
come over to mine?
I can cook for youuuuu

Ziva picked her phone up out of her purse and replied to Sienna's theatrics.

Ziva Thee Stallion

on the way!!
•••
"I'm hungrier than a bitch, bro," is how Ziva made her presence known upon entering Sienna's downtown apartment. It took her approximately 14 minutes to make it their after closing up shop at the library and to find the perfect parking spot. Sienna was in the kitchen waiting for her with two wine glasses filled to the brim with cheap wine from Publix. She figured after a long week of impatient old ladies and picking up extra shifts, Ziva deserved to just relax, get drunk, and rant about whatever was on her mind.

"Chicken or Shrimp Alfredo?" Sienna inquired-from her friend who was too busy kicking off her shoes and looking for that tiny Roku remote that seems to get lost every five seconds. Looking back toward the island where Sienna was waiting impatiently, Ziva shrugged and said, "Boffum."

"You get on my damn nerves, you know that right?" Sienna replied while going back to the freezer to see if she'd be able to thaw out both meats in a timely manner. It was already pushing 10 o'clock so they'd be eating a late dinner anyway. "Fuck it, it's girls night."

The next hour or so passed with Sienna and Ziva discussing their work weeks while the food cooked. Over dinner they discussed Ziva's plans to move downtown in a similar complex a few blocks over.

"Idk, man," Ziva sighed and ran her fingers through her curly hair while easing into a comfortable slouch on the loveseat. "Mom and Dad are really happy to have me back and I've just gotten really accustomed to the slow life on the outside of town. Taking this break and meeting you was one of  the best things to happen to me."

Sienna's heart swelled a bit at the mention of herself from Ziva's lips

Sienna's heart swelled a bit at the mention of herself from Ziva's lips. Although Sienna has quite a few friends that she's close with, no one has ever gotten her the way that Ziva has. And to be quite frank, it was scaring her half to death. Of course she loved her friends, but with Ziva, it was just different.

Shaking her head slightly and trying to shake off the thoughts about her supposed best friend she tried to tune back into what her friend was currently saying.

"Of course, I understand completely understand where you're coming from and I apologize if it seemed like I was rushing you. I'm so very glad you're here, too. Eight months ago my life changed for the better." Sienna rushed out in one breath trying not to let her friend know just how much she meant those words. "Anyway, enough sappy shit for tonight. Bitch I'm ready to get drunk."

After a bottle of pink moscato, the room started spinning and Ziva would not shut the fuck up.

"FUCK YOU, MARCUS! THAT'S WHY YO DICK WAS LITTLE ANYWAYS!" Ziva screamed while jumping on her friend's sectional couch.
"Bitch, if you don't chill the fuck out." Sienna said, giggling and trying to pull her friend back down. Ziva being the oh-so mature woman that she is, decided to just drop down caused her friend to crash on top of her.
The two fell out in a fit of drunken laughter onto the plush carpet covered floor.

Their laughter died down causing Ziva to zone out on a random part of the floor while twirling her fingers around.
"Sienna?" Ziva said sighing somewhat somberly.
"Yeah,Z?" Sienna replied while taking a string of hair that had fallen into Ziva face and putting it back behind her ears."

"I love you so much, girl. Thank you for always being here for me." Ziva finally answered and found her eyes searching Sienna's. Marcus left Ziva emotionally scarred and she wasn't sure how to fully express herself again.

Sienna let a small smile on her face show and cupped Ziva's face so she would know how sincere her reply was about to be.

"I love you, too, Z. More than you'll ever know."

Ziva let out a big sigh of relief as her drunker state finally caught up with her and extreme exhaustion caused her to doze off in her friend's arms with the music from the stereo slowly fading as she slipped into unconsciousness.
Sienna tilted her head back so it could rest on her couch while she tried to figure out how she could keep her true feelings away from her new best friend.

✨✨