Chapter 10: First Kiss

Adrien

  I wanted to kiss her, I really did. But I knew she probably thought this relationship was professional, which it was... Not that I wanted it to be. It was 5:00 in the morning and Marinette slept on the other hotel bed, she looked so beautiful.

  Maybe I should've kissed her anyway. I sighed as I went out to the balcony. Why was she so tempting? I rubbed my temples as I leaned against the railing of the balcony, "Hey... You okay?" I turned around, it was Marinette, she had a hint of concern in her voice as she narrowed her eyebrows.

  "Y-yeah. I-i just..." I looked to the side, "I just..." She walked over to me, leaning against the railing. "You just..?" I sighed, "It's been tough huh?" She nodded, I offered her a small smile. "Adrien I..." She gently slid her fingers down my palm, intertwining our fingers.

  "I'm just glad your okay." My lips parted, "You shouldn't worry about me Marinette- I'm supposed to be the one protecting you remember? I'm protecting you Marinette. Even if it costs me my life." Her eyebrows narrowed, her eyes seeming to water. She walked back into the room, as I followed her.

  She sat on the bed, playing with her fingers as a tear rolled down her cheek. My lips parted as I tilted her chin to face her towards me. "Marinette... don't cry." Her lips trembled, as she pulled me into her embrace. I smiled to myself as I caressed her back. Her hands pressed against my chest as I pulled her on top of me.

  I blushed, but kept control of myself as I lay down on my back. She sniffed as she buried her face in my chest, laying on top of me. "Adrien... I don't want you to! I don't want you to protect me with your life, I want you to be safe too!" She protested, her finger tips clenching my t-shirt.

  "Marinette, I don't have to be safe. I signed up for this- you shouldn't be worried about me." I ran my fingers through her silky hair, inhaling her lavender scent. A smile tugged on my lips as I felt her move and hover over me. "Adrien..." I opened my eyes, my lips parting.

  Marinette looked at me through her long black eyelashes, exposing her crystal blue eyes. Her cheeks were a light shade of red and her midnight hair draped over her shoulders. She couldn't get anymore beautiful, could she? My eyebrows narrowed as her eyes began to water.

  "P-please don't say that! Of course I should be worried about you I--" her breath caught in her throat as she closed her eyes, I love you... I looked to the side, as I remembered, Love isn't an emotion... It's a decision. And emotions help you get there. I looked back at Marinette, I wanted to tell her...

"I love you..."

  But I couldn't, and it seemed, she was having trouble deciding. I had already decided, but I didn't say it. Because I knew there was a possibility she wouldn't say it back. "I..." She hesitated, "I care about you Adrien! Of course I'll worry and you have to remember. I didn't sign up for this!"

  I was flustered yet disappointed, why couldn't I just tell her? "If something were to happen to you-- if I were to lose you-- I would never forgive myself... And..." I cupped her cheek, "Marinette... You won't lose me. You'll always have me," I smiled, "In your heart."

  She narrowed her eyebrows, my lips parted as I got the idea, of my first kiss... I blushed, Marinette completely still as I looked at her lips... Don't... I warned myself, Don't risk it! I leaned in, Fight the temptation! My heart began to beat faster as I gently leaned in closer.

  Was this... Real? "You'll always have..." I closed my eyes as my lips lightly brushed against hers and shivers of excitement sliding down by spine. "My heart..." I whispered, capturing her lips in a blissful moment, her eyes fluttered closed as she melted into the kiss.

  Emotions and thoughts scattered around in my body, as I shared my very first kiss... With Marinette Dupain-Cheng. I lent back, staring into her eyes, her lips popping open to speak. Before one uttered syllable escaped her mouth, I latched my lips to her sweet, soft pink lips.

  Her delicate kiss was sweet and blissful, as I enjoyed her lips. Soft ruffles fluttered in the core of my stomach as I continued to place soft and tender kisses to her delicate pink lips and I knew at that moment that I would never receive a better kiss then this one.

  "A-adrien..." She whimpered between each kiss, my lips curving into a smile, our noses slightly touching as our fingers laced together. "Marinette I..." I looked straight into her eyes, showing the complete effect of sincerity as I made my decision, "I love you." Our cheeks both turned a shade of red as I continued to stare into her eyes.

  "I love you..." I repeated, with more excitement as I planted another kiss to her lips. She seemed a bit surprised but I felt a smile tug on her lips and repeated myself. "I love you, I love you, I love you!" She giggled, adorable rose bushes of crimson red blooming across her cheeks.

  I smiled at the sound of her laughter. There was still a part of me that worried she wouldn't say it back. "If you aren't ready for that kind of-" I was interrupted, only to hear the sweet sound of her soft and sincere words, "I love you too, Adrien." My lips parted, for a moment I was frozen into utter shock.

  She smiled, a pink gloss displaying her lips as a layer of pink coated my cheeks. My heart seemed to beat at an inhuman speed. I leaned my forehead against hers, taking in a breath before closing my eyes and placing a kiss to her lips, showing complete and utter affection to the girl I loved.

~1021 words❤~