Mulholland Drive

After taking a much needed shower, I change into some comfy clothes, with no plans for the day. I throw on:

 After getting comfy I flop on my bed and sigh heavily

After getting comfy I flop on my bed and sigh heavily. I can feel my back settle into the lumps in my mattress. I really need a new one. Mattress.. not back.

I grab my laptop and decide to research how much a mattress would cost. I've always wanted to redo my entire room the way I want it, but I would have to wait till I'm living in a house, rather than an apartment. So, starting with a mattress will have to do for now.

As I browse different types of mattresses online I hear Bobby and Franny laughing in the living room.

I smile weakly. I am happy for them, I always said that they would be cute together. I'm glad that she is getting out there and doing what she wants. I know she's had a small crush on Bobby for some time now.

My phone buzzes, violently in my opinion, making me jump. I look down and see a text from Brennen.

I smile widely and sigh

I smile widely and sigh. I throw on my white and black slip on vans and walk out into the living room, keys, phone, and wallet in hand.

"Where are you going?" Franny asks me.

"Hanging out with Brennen for a little while." I reply, grabbing a glass from the cabinet in the kitchen.

I start filling up my cup when I get the "I'm here" text.

"I gotta go!" I wave to the two as I walk out the door.

"Be careful! Use protection!" Franny yells back.

"Look who's talking!" I point to the two of them and roll my eyes before skipping out to Brennens car.

I get in the passenger seat and see the beautiful smile staring back at me.

"Hello madam." He winks.

"Why hello kind sir." I playfully reply.

"Where shall I take our chariot?" He looks ahead at the road and starts driving.

"Hmm." I put my finger on my chin and look up at the car ceiling.

"I don't think you're going to find your answer up there Candy." Brennen laughs. I shake my head.

"Let's get some In N Out." I laugh.

"Oouu yes I'm down." His eyes get wide, making me chuckle.

We get to the In N Out drive through after many karaoke sessions in the car.

"I'll have a number 2." I say. "With a lemonade."

"I'll have a number 2 as well!" Brennen speaks to the intercom. "With a coke and animal fries!"

"Anything else?" The worker asks.

"That's it!"

We pull up to the next window to pay. I reach for my wallet but Brennen smacks my hand.

"I got this." He looks at me almost sternly and then with a wink. I raise an eyebrow at the sudden confidence and put my hands up in defense.

He hands the worker his credit card to pay for the meal.

After we get our food we start driving again.

"Let's go to Mulholland drive." Brennen Says.

I sigh and nod. "Yes please."

I love Mulholland drive so much. The view is absolutely beautiful and peaceful.

"Perfect." Brennen Says and we head over there. The streetlights and people bustling in the street zoom by with a blur. I put my hand out the window and feel the Los Angeles breeze on my body.

"Damn Candy." I look over at Brennen as we stop at a red light.

"What?" I laugh.

"I've never seen you like that." He replies.

"Like what?"

"In love."

I smile. I am in love, I'm in love with my life. I'm blessed for what I have and everyday I make sure I know it.

I look at Brennen again and his don't leave mine.

"Uh Brennen." I say.

"Yeah?"

"Lights green." I point ahead of us.

Someone honks behind us, "Oh shit." He shakes his head laughing.

About ten minutes later we arrive to Mulholland drive. There are a few other people here so we make our distance and park off to the side.

"So beautiful." I say looking out over the hill.

We both sit on the hood of his car, with our food.

"Yeah it is." I look at Brennen but he's not looking at the view, he's looking at me. I can feel my cheeks start to blush.

"Want an animal fry?" He asks, changing the subject.

"Sure." I grab a fry and eat it. "Oh wow that's pretty good."

"Have you never had them before?" He asks with disbelief.

"Never!" I reply.

"Well, I just took your animal fry virginity." We both laugh at his comment.

After about an hour of just talking and listening to music, the sun finally begins to set.

"Oh my gosh look." I point out at the orange sun, just above the city. We both stare at it for what only seems like a second before it's gone. The sky is dark, however, the city is still bustling at its height, illuminating everything around it.

"That was amazing." Brennen says.

"I know right." I reply.

I turn my head to face Brennen and he's already looking at me. We stare at each other for a good ten seconds before I notice him starting to lean in.

I can feel my heart beating faster and faster as his face becomes inches from mine.

I close my eyes and lean in slowly before our lips meet. The kiss is soft and sweet. It didn't feel wrong. His big hand holds my cheek and I can feel him smile through it all.

We slowly lean back away from each other and I can feel my cheeks getting red hot. He smiles and then sighs.

"You don't know how long I've wanted to do that." He says quietly.