rude

RUEL POV

i couldn't understand why naya was so angry at me, i mean, this was a very rare occasion. i was just hoping she would be happy for me as i do for her. sometimes she's really like that, jealous. i don't understand why though, i thought she liked manaaki.

he was a 6 ft 1 maori, rugby player & captain. she always gave away the fact that she liked him. i hated him. he broke my little golden truck back in kindergarten. my grandparents bought it for me all the way from the netherlands. he always intimidated me through my primary years, but now he's different. in a bad way. he flirts with girls then acts like he never hit on them. truly pathetic manaaki, pathetic.

lunch hour;

i was sitting with rebecca and her friends, they were laughing and giggling. i smiled softly to assure rebecca that i was "having fun" which i clearly wasn't. naya was on my mind. i started hearing becca talk about naya in an ungracious matter. i glance at her with furrowed eyebrows. standing up from the lawn, i head towards my locker until rebecca calls out my name from afar.

rebecca: where are you going ruely?

ruel: to find someone less obnoxious as you

i quickly run through the hallway in search for naya, hoping she hasn't done anything without caution. i reach the music room when i hear naya's voice echoing directly through the doors of the class. i hear her laughing and take a peek through the window placed on the door.

only to see something i wished i hadn't seen...

author: hey readers, lots of love if you're enjoying this book. isn't that great, running out of ideas, stay tuned for more and check @ruelsroseycheeks for extra content, mwah